Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What a neat idea!

Posted by oldcrafty 8 (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 30, 12 at 16:11

Wish I was smart enough to have thought of this!!! Got an e-mail today and the subject was outdoor solar lights, I'm sure most of us have at least one and possibly several through out our gardens. But whoever would have thought about using them indoors during a power outage! Especially if you where to be without for an extended period of time. Simply put back outdoors during the day and bring them back in after dark and wha-la LIGHT! Cheaper than flashlights and batteries. Time to stock up when on sale. It also stated that most of them fit nicely in the top of a 1 litre soda bottle that you could fill with sand or rocks or whatever you have handy to weight them. I will be buying several more as they go on sale getting ready for hurricane season, although I sure hope I don't need them!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What a neat idea!

I love solar lights and have many in my yard. And yes I have brought them in a couple times for this and they do work. Great idea to pass around.

GreenSuzq

o

Good idea, sounds like we might have power shortages out here too. Need to get some new ones that are little more powerful! Jan

o

Well heck, I never thought of that! Thanks for the tip!

o

I've used one as a night light in my bedroom.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here