Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
cross pics

Posted by oldcrafty 8 (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 13, 10 at 16:34

Trying to post using photobucket hope it works Posting a pic I posted earlier just testing to see if I gave mastered it yet Keeping my fingers crossed Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: cross pics

these are so pretty.How big are they and did you make a form to pour the cement into? Did you set the glass while curing the cement or caulk it later on the cross?

o

I purchased a mold on line. On this particular one I poured the cement and set the angel in while it was still wet and cured it for 24 hours.........popped it out and cured some more before glueing on the glass and then grouted and sealed.

o

Very pretty!

o

Lovely!
Kathy

o

Thank you for posting the bigger picture! It is gorgeous! (I'm using that word a lot tonight!) I love that pink glass and the angel looks so perfect there. Keep those crosses coming!

o

That is just beautiful...wish I was on the receieving end..lol...btw what is that plant...My mom gave me some years ago(now gone...miss her) but never knew what is was...Mary

o

very pretty!

o

You did it now we can see the details and they are wonderful! Now lets see the other ones?

o

Yay! You did it! Your crosses are lovely....I'd love the see the colorful one in a bigger picture too or post a link to your photobucket album!

o

One more try!! The purple flowers, shown with the pink and angel cross posted earlier were also from my Mom, no longer with me either, she told me of all her plants make sure I kept this one going as it was one of her favorites. Have no idea what it's name is but after Mom passed we called it :Purple Pauline" after her.Photobucket

o

I love the pink glass and the gray grout. The colorful one is very nice too. I don't think I've seen that type of houseplant before.
You say you glued the glass to the concrete cross. What did you use?
Kathy

o

Nice work, crafty. And your pics are perfect size to see the detail! TFS! Jeanne S.

o

A friend that has done stained glass work before suggested Loctite the one that is waterproof. I got it at WalMart in the paint and such section. I HOPE it is gonna hold long term and with the grout to assist holding it in. Being this is a new craft to me I guess time will tell. I was also told the E6000 would work well also but haven't tried it yet.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here