Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tea Anyone? :o)

Posted by kirkus 5a (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 30, 11 at 16:38

Hi Everyone! Our daughter and I had a craft day today, using her mismatched little tea sets (which she originally was going to donate to Goodwill but thrifty Dad stopped her! LOL) to make mini tea set decorations to poke in planters. We're making our gifts for this coming Christmas so this will be her gift to others. :o)

We attached the tea set pieces to old knitting needles which we found at an INCREDIBLE deal for a box of them. I had so much fun on this Daddy/daughter craft project! I can tell she did too. :o) Had to share! Bear Hugs! Kirk

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tea Anyone? :o)

SO cute!!!

o

Too cute and a great father/daughter activity!!!

o

Great gifts! You & your DD are so VERY talented! Nice work...& the knitting needles was a great idea! TFS! Jeanne S.

o

Those are adorable. Perfect gift for your daughter to give. I've been collecting doll dishes myself for the same purpose, or for fairy gardens (on a nail rather than a knitting needle).
Kathy

o

Thanks everyone...So fun to make. Olivia and I love the knitting needles as they're so colorful. :o)

o

VERY cute and what a great time together! What wonderful gifts they will make!

o

What a wonderful idea for Olivia's tea sets. They look really pretty in your plants.

Marylee

o

:****( I want daddy daughter day like this!

o

Those are so cute!!!

o

Those are adorable!! now I am thinking of gluing fishing line in some small cups and such and hanging them in the fairy garden. I used to love taking the kids out to find a funny stick, they had to figure out and paint a critter with them, I had a green and yellow giraff, a pink with red spots monster and lots of cats and dogs in various colors..

o

OMG! Those are just too cute!!

o

Lovely!

Hmm...methinks Miss Olivia has inherited the creative gene from her mom & dad.

Well done!

bless ya's

o

Very nice Olivia! The Lady Bug ones are so cute & the pretty florals. All will make nice gifts for family & friends! Jan

o

Very cute!! Now guess who will be scouring the shops next month when we head south for the winter!!

o

Great "save", Kirk. Olivia's tea sets get to stay and be enjoyed by the whole family. They look WONDERFUL. Especially the first set, Ladybugs...so perfect for the garden.
You and Olivia make a great team at creating, she certainly takes after both you and Carol. And you are creating lifelong memories with her! How special and priceless. For both of you.

Your post was heartwarming as well as inspiring.
love to all of you,
Karen

o

Too cute! I bet they look even more adorable in person. I agree that Olivia has inherited her mom and dad's creative genes. The knitting needles were an awesome idea!

o

They're great! I'll be watching for knitting needles. I made these for my spring sale but used a length of coat hanger. We bent the top into a spiral shape and glued it on with E-6000 glue. They flew off the table for $4 each. Thanks for sharing!

o

What a cool Dad your little girl has. Very cute!

o

very craf-tea indeed

o

Very sweet! I'm new but I've been inspired by your family and the other artists on this site. I've been gluing doll tea cups and tea pot in those small bowl with "hershey" kiss shaped lid and stacking them on top of my totems.Love the knitting needle idea!

o

What glue did you use? I'm trying to find a glue that will attach ceramic to wood and ceramic to metal

o

camj- I used automotive goop for glass/ceramic to metal.I haven't tried ceramic to wood yet but, people on here drill holes and screw together ( I need the right tools to try that)-I have some crib spindles I cut apart but still thinking-I have used pvc adapters glued to ceramic and it works! Good luck :) Kim

o

Those are very cute and so original. I've been looking for something new and easy to make for my container garden. I'm sure the recipients of these gifts will be thrilled.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here