Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kirkus_gw

Tea Anyone? :o)

kirkus
12 years ago

Hi Everyone! Our daughter and I had a craft day today, using her mismatched little tea sets (which she originally was going to donate to Goodwill but thrifty Dad stopped her! LOL) to make mini tea set decorations to poke in planters. We're making our gifts for this coming Christmas so this will be her gift to others. :o)

We attached the tea set pieces to old knitting needles which we found at an INCREDIBLE deal for a box of them. I had so much fun on this Daddy/daughter craft project! I can tell she did too. :o) Had to share! Bear Hugs! Kirk

{{gwi:166297}}

{{gwi:166299}}

{{gwi:166301}}

Comments (23)

• mjowest
    12 years ago

SO cute!!!

• rafor
    12 years ago

Too cute and a great father/daughter activity!!!

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Great gifts! You & your DD are so VERY talented! Nice work...& the knitting needles was a great idea! TFS! Jeanne S.

• concretenprimroses
    12 years ago

Those are adorable. Perfect gift for your daughter to give. I've been collecting doll dishes myself for the same purpose, or for fairy gardens (on a nail rather than a knitting needle).
    Kathy

• kirkus
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks everyone...So fun to make. Olivia and I love the knitting needles as they're so colorful. :o)

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

VERY cute and what a great time together! What wonderful gifts they will make!

• marylee_2010
    12 years ago

What a wonderful idea for Olivia's tea sets. They look really pretty in your plants.

Marylee

• kylslil1
    12 years ago

:****( I want daddy daughter day like this!

• nanatricia
    12 years ago

Those are so cute!!!

• geeme
    12 years ago

Those are adorable!! now I am thinking of gluing fishing line in some small cups and such and hanging them in the fairy garden. I used to love taking the kids out to find a funny stick, they had to figure out and paint a critter with them, I had a green and yellow giraff, a pink with red spots monster and lots of cats and dogs in various colors..

• laurastheme
    12 years ago

OMG! Those are just too cute!!

• diggery
    12 years ago

Lovely!

Hmm...methinks Miss Olivia has inherited the creative gene from her mom & dad.

Well done!

bless ya's

• sunnyca_gw
    12 years ago

Very nice Olivia! The Lady Bug ones are so cute & the pretty florals. All will make nice gifts for family & friends! Jan

• chevy57red
    12 years ago

Very cute!! Now guess who will be scouring the shops next month when we head south for the winter!!

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Great "save", Kirk. Olivia's tea sets get to stay and be enjoyed by the whole family. They look WONDERFUL. Especially the first set, Ladybugs...so perfect for the garden.
    You and Olivia make a great team at creating, she certainly takes after both you and Carol. And you are creating lifelong memories with her! How special and priceless. For both of you.

Your post was heartwarming as well as inspiring.
    love to all of you,
    Karen

• luna_llena_feliz
    12 years ago

Too cute! I bet they look even more adorable in person. I agree that Olivia has inherited her mom and dad's creative genes. The knitting needles were an awesome idea!

• luvs2click
    12 years ago

They're great! I'll be watching for knitting needles. I made these for my spring sale but used a length of coat hanger. We bent the top into a spiral shape and glued it on with E-6000 glue. They flew off the table for $4 each. Thanks for sharing!

• lizzardly
    12 years ago

What a cool Dad your little girl has. Very cute!

• Crafty Gardener
    12 years ago

very craf-tea indeed

• kim546
    12 years ago

Very sweet! I'm new but I've been inspired by your family and the other artists on this site. I've been gluing doll tea cups and tea pot in those small bowl with "hershey" kiss shaped lid and stacking them on top of my totems.Love the knitting needle idea!

• camjan
    12 years ago

What glue did you use? I'm trying to find a glue that will attach ceramic to wood and ceramic to metal

• kim546
    12 years ago

camj- I used automotive goop for glass/ceramic to metal.I haven't tried ceramic to wood yet but, people on here drill holes and screw together ( I need the right tools to try that)-I have some crib spindles I cut apart but still thinking-I have used pvc adapters glued to ceramic and it works! Good luck :) Kim

• shysue
    12 years ago

Those are very cute and so original. I've been looking for something new and easy to make for my container garden. I'm sure the recipients of these gifts will be thrilled.

Sponsored
Hoppy Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Northern VA Award-Winning Deck ,Patio, & Landscape Design Build Firm