Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My New Nautical Chair

Posted by kylslil1 8b (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 23, 10 at 16:44

Hi. I've been lurking for about five years or so...and just in the last few months made an acct. This is my first pic post...so i hope it goes okay.
I had an old beige Adirondack chair that was like five or six yrs old. (sorry no before pics:( ) On my back deck I put out things that look "sea-ish" or sorta nautical. So, I sprayed it with plastic spray paint and added this quote.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My New Nautical Chair

what a great idea

o

Beautifully done. I love the quote. I can just hear Cousteau saying it.

o

Welcome out of lurkdom! Great job with the chair, I have a few of those around that could use a facelift. Looking forward to seeing more of your 'junk'!

Sheryll

o

Welcome to the forum! I love the nautical theme, the colors & the quote! I could see this on a porch with netting & windchimes made of sea shells :o)

o

ky...that is really cool! Nice paint job & love the quote...perfect for your nautical themed porch! WELCOME & TFS your pic! Jeanne S.

o

Very lovely! What a neat idea.

o

Do you live in ky???

o

great job! the lettering in the quote is awesome & especially so if you did it freehand.

o

Thank you so much for all the kind comments! Leveta...no I don't live in KY, kylslil1 is actually a name given to me by my husband. It should read Kyle's Little One. When i first met my husband I was exactly half his weight and a foot shorter. So, my husband called me his little one. Kinda stuck.:)

o

The lettering is especially well-done.
-Sprout

o

Very attractive & nice job on lettering, like the wavy look on arms & little white beading around back of chair!! Welcome to the GJ forum!! Jan

o

Great job! The dots along the back almost looked like studs. Gives it a classy look and is a great contrast against the dark blue. What a great quote too! I would never think to use a quote on something in the garden but it makes so much sense.

Was that a plastic Andirondack chair? If so, that sure a great idea for sprucing it up and adding more life to it!

o

Looks like a brand new chair...very chic!

o

I LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT! I'm really into quotes, especially in the garden.

o

Welcome to the GJ forum. Your chair is adorable, I've always loved that style of chair. You really dressed it up, it would look great at a lake house too.
Frou

o

that is very cool! Last week I think, I saw a link from the Crafty Chica website where a company is sending out Adirondak (is that right?) chairs for different artists to 'redo' - this one lady put a wedding ring quilt motif on hers and it was pretty neat. I really like yours, I've never been much of a fan of the plastic chairs, but then again, I never thought of changing them in any way - thank you for opening me to other possibilities....
I just love this forum!!! Everyone's creativity and willingness to share ideas and brainstorm, its just wonderful!!

o

Arr, matey, yer on the right track.

Here's my favorite nautical joke:
Why are pirates so mean?
Because they ARRRRRRR!!

Seamommy

o

I LOVE QUOTES!! the chair looks great!! I may have to "borrow" that quote down the road as my nautical themed bed develops.....

o

Again, thank you all for such nice comments. Cheryl, I have to admit I completely laughed out loud at that joke.:)

o

Welcome out of Lurkdom! You might have set a record for being there so long, LOL. Now you can't go back! Especially after showing us what cool things you can do.
Great chair.

o

Welcome and thanks for showing us your great chair. Well done.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here