Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kylslil1

My New Nautical Chair

kylslil1
13 years ago

Hi. I've been lurking for about five years or so...and just in the last few months made an acct. This is my first pic post...so i hope it goes okay.

I had an old beige Adirondack chair that was like five or six yrs old. (sorry no before pics:( ) On my back deck I put out things that look "sea-ish" or sorta nautical. So, I sprayed it with plastic spray paint and added this quote.

{{gwi:166570}}

{{gwi:166571}}

Comments (21)

• Crafty Gardener
    13 years ago

what a great idea

• sprout_wi
    13 years ago

Beautifully done. I love the quote. I can just hear Cousteau saying it.

• shrillmtb
    13 years ago

Welcome out of lurkdom! Great job with the chair, I have a few of those around that could use a facelift. Looking forward to seeing more of your 'junk'!

Sheryll

• tbledsaw
    13 years ago

Welcome to the forum! I love the nautical theme, the colors & the quote! I could see this on a porch with netting & windchimes made of sea shells :o)

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

ky...that is really cool! Nice paint job & love the quote...perfect for your nautical themed porch! WELCOME & TFS your pic! Jeanne S.

• grandma_cindy
    13 years ago

Very lovely! What a neat idea.

• leveta
    13 years ago

Do you live in ky???

• caroleena
    13 years ago

great job! the lettering in the quote is awesome & especially so if you did it freehand.

• kylslil1
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you so much for all the kind comments! Leveta...no I don't live in KY, kylslil1 is actually a name given to me by my husband. It should read Kyle's Little One. When i first met my husband I was exactly half his weight and a foot shorter. So, my husband called me his little one. Kinda stuck.:)

• sprout_wi
    13 years ago

The lettering is especially well-done.
    -Sprout

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

Very attractive & nice job on lettering, like the wavy look on arms & little white beading around back of chair!! Welcome to the GJ forum!! Jan

• luna_llena_feliz
    13 years ago

Great job! The dots along the back almost looked like studs. Gives it a classy look and is a great contrast against the dark blue. What a great quote too! I would never think to use a quote on something in the garden but it makes so much sense.

Was that a plastic Andirondack chair? If so, that sure a great idea for sprucing it up and adding more life to it!

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

Looks like a brand new chair...very chic!

• laurastheme
    13 years ago

I LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT! I'm really into quotes, especially in the garden.

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

Welcome to the GJ forum. Your chair is adorable, I've always loved that style of chair. You really dressed it up, it would look great at a lake house too.
    Frou

• kelly_oh
    13 years ago

that is very cool! Last week I think, I saw a link from the Crafty Chica website where a company is sending out Adirondak (is that right?) chairs for different artists to 'redo' - this one lady put a wedding ring quilt motif on hers and it was pretty neat. I really like yours, I've never been much of a fan of the plastic chairs, but then again, I never thought of changing them in any way - thank you for opening me to other possibilities....
    I just love this forum!!! Everyone's creativity and willingness to share ideas and brainstorm, its just wonderful!!

• seamommy
    13 years ago

Arr, matey, yer on the right track.

Here's my favorite nautical joke:
    Why are pirates so mean?
    Because they ARRRRRRR!!

Seamommy

• mmebrady
    13 years ago

I LOVE QUOTES!! the chair looks great!! I may have to "borrow" that quote down the road as my nautical themed bed develops.....

• kylslil1
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Again, thank you all for such nice comments. Cheryl, I have to admit I completely laughed out loud at that joke.:)

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Welcome out of Lurkdom! You might have set a record for being there so long, LOL. Now you can't go back! Especially after showing us what cool things you can do.
    Great chair.

{{gwi:77274}}

• sorie6 zone 6b
    13 years ago

Welcome and thanks for showing us your great chair. Well done.

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner