Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Silverware Dragonfly from the 'Art Sail'

Posted by jeannespines 4 (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 24, 11 at 17:08

A couple retired friends & I had fun yesterday at an 'Art Sail' festival in Clear Lake, IA...75 juried artists had works there right at the city park on the lake shore. Hot day but well worth it!

So, for you 'welders' out there...here's a pretty cool silverware 'Dragonfly' that I bought & added to my gardens. I don't weld so I pay the price...thought you might enjoy:

DragonflySilverwareArtSailBuy7.11

Here's a close-up view...pretty cool, uh?

Dragonfly Silverware CloseUp 7.11

And here it is in my gardens...the concrete leaf waterer (with horseshoe handles) was a purchase about 8 yrs ago from a shop out in the countryside. I turn it upside down in the winter. The welded 'palm' looking leaves I bought last yr (or so) from the same countryside artist who made the leaf waterer...he does lots of welded sculptures & uses alot of 'junk' in them, too...I love these!
Dragonfly Leaf Waterer 7.11

And the heat wave is starting to ease off a bit...we got some rain for a couple days now ...but it took a tow on the gardens...I love 'rust' so this White Coneflower still looks beautiful (rusted tho) with the iron Sunshine on my old barn door in the gardens:
White Coneflower Rust 7.11

TFLookin'! Jeanne S.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Silverware Dragonfly from the 'Art Sail'

Oh man, now something else I have to make !!!! LOL Great idea TFS :)

o

That is very nice. Its so simple but definitely looks dragonfly.
Love your sun and cone flwoer too.
Kathy

o

Jeanne...your dragonfly really is "cool". I like all your other sculptures, too. Your "rusty" coneflower fits right in. Thank you for sharing.

Marylee

o

OOooohhh....LOVE your dragonfly! I will definitely have to show this one to DH! I have silverware in my stash....glad you had such a nice day with your friends. Love the leaf waterer too and your white coneflower looks great against the sunshine on your door.

o

I love your dragonfly! I got dragonfly wind chimes yesterday, I had finished shopping at TS when I started leaving my eye caught the tailend of a dragonfly sticking out. I asked & sure enough only the chimes were tangled. I got them straightened out & it's real sweet sounding. Actually you could make that a wind chime, making a hole at end of each knife & welding little ring in center to hang something down from. Might look more like an airplane tho! I like your leaf things of metal too & horseshoe waterer! Jan

o

Love the dragonfly. It's so simply but it works. Great find.

o

• Posted by 9bark 3bto5a BC (My Page) on
    Mon, Jul 25, 11 at 22:36

Very cool! I love the dragonfly and I want to see more of the last picture as well!

o

oh that dragonfly is just darling! i love how very simple it is but it completely works! this is one of those times i would love to learn how to weld!

o

I'd have bought that dragonfly in a heartbeat too, Jeanne.
He's just right for the garden!

hugs, Karen

o

• Posted by sorie6 Zone4 Colo (My Page) on
    Wed, Jul 27, 11 at 21:44

Very nice and so is your garden.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here