Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A new, old Wind Bell

Posted by kirkus (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 17, 11 at 17:22

I just went outside to work in the gardens but it's too hot for me...so worked on a project instead. :o)

A sweet, Garden Junk friend gave me the insides of a wind bell and a little tiny clay pot. The bell sounds so melodic. I took a pot I had painted for my Mother my first year of teaching over 26 years ago. (The pot idea was a class craft I did with my students.) I received the pot back when Mom passed away 13 years ago. Well, I put it all together to make a new wind bell. :o) Added an old rusty chain to hang it from. :o) Enjoy! Bear Hugs! Kirk

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A new, old Wind Bell

Now that is just precious, kirk! What a memory! I love the terra cotta & the paint decor ... beautiful! TFS! Jeanne S. (heat wave here, too...all this week it sounds)

o

That is so neat. I can just hear it in my mind.

o

Thank YOU, Soxxxx... We are kindred spirits! :o)

o

Wow! What a great project. Your windchime turned out beautifully....that is one tough flower pot if it's lasted 26 years!

o

Oh how wonderful to use this for such a project! How lovely and i bet it brings back great memories everytime you see it. :):)

o

A 26 yr old clay pot qualifies as an antique, I think, as they usually get broken somewhere along the way. I looks great & love the vibrant colors & love the gentle tinkling kind. Nice job! Jan

o

What a wonderful idea! That is really neat.

Marylee

o

Thank you for the nice comments! We had our windows opened tonight and a soft breeze was blowing. I heard my new old wind bell and thought of Mom and the wonderful Garden Junk friend who gave me the chimes. :o) I was moved... :o) Bear Hugs! Kirk

o

what an awesome project. And such a good way to display items from special folks. Bet if you listen real closely when the wind blows you can hear your mom playing you a melody

o

I must have missed something or have a senior moment, but what did you use for the clanger?

o

Jamb...there are musical rods in the tube piece (in the first photo) with a metal piece on a wire inside that hits the rods. Sounds so cool! The little clay pot is attached to the wire that has the metal piece on it. :o)

o

What a great craft idea when I have my grandkids here they can help make one therefore creating beautiful memories!
Thanks Again Kirk NanaHugs to You!

o

Very cool! Great that it has a story behind it too.

o

The sweet sound of memories....
so lovely!

hugs, Karen

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here