Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jlily_gw

A new project.

jlily
10 years ago

I've made this bird cage project. I fixed the ring in the opening at the top(I felt it should have one). I also found the piece to plant the flowers in. It was a partial bird cage from a consignment shop.

Enjoy! JLily

{{gwi:167451}}

{{gwi:167452}}

Comments (11)

• mommyandme2
    10 years ago

Just beautiful !

• Deborah-SC
    10 years ago

Very lovely! Love the bird perched on top!

• oldcrafty
    10 years ago

That looks great and the bird on top is a lovely finishing touch!

• garden2garden
    10 years ago

Nice birdcage, so pretty with the colorful flowers cascading out of the bars! Yep I think the ring in the top is just right.
    I have that same redbird! (couldn't resist that tail, kind of reminded me of something off of one of those fascinator hats)

• nancyjeanmc
    10 years ago

Stunning. And inspirational.

• jlily
    Original Author
    10 years ago

The bird(S) are actually Christmas Tree decorations from Wal Mart. I thought the red would show up well.

I have always wanted to do a birdcage. Another project scratched off of my list. Thank you, all, JLily

• sunnyca_gw
    10 years ago

Great save! Who would want bottomless birdcage but a GJ member!! Actually I have a small upper cage in garage I got from dad. Bottom was plastic so I figured I'd look for another, not any more, will use it out back for a plant. I love both birds & the red does "pop" with the rest of it. Your plants look lovely together! TFS Jan

• Marlene Kindred
    10 years ago

Very pretty! Love the little bird perched on the top of the cage too....great re-use!

• nonacook
    10 years ago

Like the cage and flowers!

Hope you are feeling fine!

• sorie6 zone 6b
    10 years ago

Wow great recycle! the flowers sure make it pop. Nice job. tfs

• concretenprimroses
    10 years ago

VEry nice.
    Kathy

Sponsored