Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Veritical Planter

Posted by lindasewandsew So Cal 9 (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 11, 11 at 18:10

My friend Edna gave me these plastic terra cotta color lawn edgings. They're turned upside down, fastened with wire to a metal rack and planted with sedum. The letters are cut from license plates and attached with small metal screws to an old metal sign that's painted black and splattered with terra cotta color paint. It's 60 inches tall and 18 inches wide. The most surprising thing is that it's actually finished, lol. Linda

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Veritical Planter

THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!! I've been lusting after a vertical garden wall for a while. You made it happen. Very good job of repurposing the lawn edging. Also love the license plate letters. I've seen them used before and may just have to start cutting up the plates I have :)

o

that is a great looking planter... I like it
you did a great job!!!

happy junking,
carmen

o

Oh. Wow. Creativity at it's finest.
VERY well done. Amazed & chuckling
at *Vertically Challenged* Love it!

blessings on you,
~digger

o

Oh this is wonderful.....how very clever.....can I borrow some of your creativity sometime?

o

Love it! Great recycling & ALWAYS love your creativity w/license plates! (hard work!) 60" tall...wow...that looks so cool w/the plants! TFS! Jeanne S.

o

Your sign really makes it standout!! Will look lovely with plants hanging over the edges. Jan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here