Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rafor

Glasshouse progress

rafor
13 years ago

Check out our progress on the glasshouse made of old doors and windows.

Picked up some free siding on CL to fill in the peaks at either end. That will have to wait to be installed since we are leaving town tomorrow :)

Here is a link that might be useful: glasshouse update

Comments (17)

• rock_oak_deer
    13 years ago

Love that greenhouse, such a great job repurposing old windows. The dramatic roofline adds so much to the look of it too.

TFS

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Coming along beautifully, rafor! Now, whoever mows./..don't be throwing rocks or anything in that direction! LOL! Nice, nice recycling! Love it & will be fun for GJ projects! Jeanne S.

• luna_llena_feliz
    13 years ago

What a great looking frame! I love the peak of the roof. Very dramatic. I am looking forward to seeing it finished. Have fun and be safe during your trip!

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

Looking great! Jan

• shpnquen
    13 years ago

So jealous....I bet you're excited! I can't wait to see the finished product! Be sure to share pics then too.

• kylslil1
    13 years ago

wow...i am soooo impressed! I wish we could have glass houses like that here!!

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

That is totally wonderful. I especially love how you've done the roof. I can't wait to see it finished.

{{gwi:77274}}

• rafor
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks for the encouragement everyone!

And Jeanne your comment about using it for GJ projects is right on. My 90 year old Dad keeps asking me what I am going to grow in it!!! I keep telling him it's not for plants! It's going to be my studio for creating :)

• concretenprimroses
    13 years ago

That is so wonderful!
    What a perfect studio. Will you have some solar heat, or a little stove or something?
    Kathy

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

Well I can't imagine a more perfect spot to work and create things. That roof and those heavy corner post really pull it all together. It's super duper.
    Frou

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

WOW! It is coming along SO nicely....love the high peak of the roof! Looking great!

• rafor
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Yet another weekend when I can't work on the glasshouse! I'm so bummed. My tennis team is in a tournament and that takes all day Saturday. Hopefully we can get some work done Sunday. That's 3 weeks in a row where we haven't been able to get a long stretch of time to add more windows to the sides. I'm getting antsy to get this done :) Thanks for the nice words of encouragement though!

• rafor
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I just posted new photos showing the progress we made this weekend. We got 1 gable completely sided and half of the other sheathed in plywood. It's actually starting to look like something!!! Robb fell off the ladder from 8 feet up and ended up with a few bangs and bumps though. Good thing the plywood board missed him on it's way down! It looked like a guillotine about to hit him. It did trash the ladder so we had to make a trip to get another one. He went right out the next day and said he was climbing back on that horse :)

Here is a link that might be useful:

• rock_oak_deer
    13 years ago

That looks wonderful! Great progress, so pretty. Glad Robb is okay, very fortunate that it was just the ladder. Thanks for the update, I was wondering how it was going.

• cait1
    13 years ago

Gosh.. it's so tall!! LOL

It's lovely and I'm sure the wonderful landscape that surrounds it will be inspiration while crafting.

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

WOW, rafor...thanks for the update! That sided gable end looks wonderful! ...and the old green barn door, too! This is really a cool project! You both got alot done! TFS! Jeanne s. Kudos to Robb (but knowing he had to be plenty sore!)

• rafor
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks for the nice comments :) And Jeanne, I have 2 more of those barn doors. I think I will try to use them to make a potting bench.