Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Chia Junk

Posted by rachelthepoet 7 (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 1, 12 at 18:36

Hello all! I wasn't quite sure that this post would count as "garden junk", but it is a little garden...and it is junky!

I had a Chia-Hippo given to me as a gift in college. One day my roommate decided that my Chia-Hippo needed extra watering and a bath and put it outside during a rainstorm, leaving me with a balding and moldy Chia-Hippo. The damage to the seeds & container were irreparable, and I ended up throwing it away after efforts to clean and replant failed miserably.

Years later, last week, I was in Goodwill and saw this Chia-Professor on sale for $3. I couldn't resist! I brought him home and he is now in my kitchen. My DH was very skeptical that the seeds would work because we didn't know how old the Chia was. But sure enough, they grew!

Here's a picture after a week of growth. I'm enjoying having the Chia-Professor around, and I'll definitely keep replanting for a while.

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Chia Junk

He's so cute. I'm glad you found him.

Here is a link that might be useful: My blog

o

Cute story...& definitely garden junk (in my book, anyway, professor!) LOL! Good find! Jeanne S.

o

Oh I think chia pets are so cute! On another note - did you know you can eat chia seeds and they're really good for you? Just discovered this recently and we've been putting them in our smoothies. Very interesting link below! Arlene

Here is a link that might be useful: chia seeds

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here