Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kirkus_gw

Gem Bugs

kirkus
14 years ago

Carol and I went to a town craft fair to the north of us on Saturday. We bought these cute gem bugs. They're made with the gems that many of you use for your bowling balls and the silver is soldered around it. Aren't they cute? The first picture shows the screen bugs we bought. They have a little wire so you can insert them into your window screen. The second picture shows a bug we bought that is attached to a plant stake. Pretty neat! :o) Of course, now Carol wants to make them...with her DH helping her. (Hey, that's me!) :o) ENJOY! Bear Hugs! Kirk

{{gwi:168775}}

{{gwi:168776}}

Comments (12)

• Marlene Kindred
    14 years ago

WOW! I LOVE those! You'll have to give directions when you and Carol start making them...they would be really cute on a window screen, wouldn't they?

• smickerdoodle
    14 years ago

Those are really cute. I have seen a similar idea at the art show here in Ann Arbor but they were spiders...and I hate spiders! I might have to try making some of these too. I like the lady bug look much better. I have enough real spiders and don't need to make any more of those...lol.

• Purplemoon
    14 years ago

What GREAT Ladybugs! I bet Olivia loved them!

Sure makes me wish I knew how do stuff like this. People at those craft shows come up with amazing ideas I think.

Hugs, Karen

• jitterbug4756
    14 years ago

Oh those are just cute as heck..now if we just had a soldering iron....Love both the screen idea & the plant stake..looks like it would be alot of fun to play with..would you solder them on a piece of glass so they wouldnt stick?? or is there a special pad I wonder..thanks for sharing Kircus !!! Judy

• luckygal
    14 years ago

Those are adorable! I must learn how to solder. TFS

• use2bcapecodr
    14 years ago

Ohhhh...those are adorable!! I love them!!

If I could...I'd have them all over the screens on my enclosed porch!! They're sweet!!

~Sandy~

• sunnyca_gw
    14 years ago

Really adorable! Make great gifts too!! Have fun making them!! Jan

• katishooked
    14 years ago

Oh how adorable. Looks like they would be fun to make. TFS

• susiewantsroses
    14 years ago

Lady bugs are perfect!!!! They are our friends!!!!

I am having a bug war in my flower beds this year so I'm glad you're not buying an orange japanese beetle, white moth leafroller, ants, caterpillers, or horn worms. Last night a giant wood roach pushed through the dog door and came in like he owned the place! I yelled "Get right with God sucker cause I'm about to send you on to "be with the Lord". We are not wasting good Air conditioning on an arrogant roach!!!!!!!

The craft fair must have been fun!!!! At 104 plus degrees here, we are running from A/C to Fan to car A/C. These days it's either menopause heat, TEXAS heat, or Hell. But it is too hot to browse around outside. (wheeze) So if you live a bad life and you die, I think you go to TEXAS (with the bugs). Glo ry!!!

• susiesunshine
    14 years ago

+ + + Cute little GEM BUGS ! and I
    can see that will keep the whole family busy....
    busy.... busy... making those little critters...
    Thanks for
    sharing the pics !

+ + Just say'n... that SusieRose is CORRECT about
    that TEXAS HEAT ...
    I'm picturing her chasing that poor bug... he
    probably ran faster than light'n !!!! tee hee

Have a fun CREATIVE SUMMER TIME ~ You & The little
    MRS and Children... WE LOVE YOU KIRK !!!!
    God Bless !
    Your GJer' Buddy ! & #`1 FAN
    SusieSunshine

• Janet Myers
    14 years ago

Oh My Gosh, How cute. I have a solder gun and some silver but no gems! Good luck making them, they are so cute.
    Piper

• toomuchglass
    14 years ago

Uh - oh - I see another project to make ! I have all the supplies - I'll have to get cracking and make some for myself ! Thanks for the idea ,Kirk !