Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
grandmathyme

Yard Sale Finds

grandmathyme
14 years ago

I was happy to have a successful day of yard saling! Besides the goodies pictured, I also bought an electric tile saw which will be put to use when I start doing mosaics again!

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:169183}}

Comments (19)

• grandmathyme
    Original Author
    14 years ago

The cabinet will be cleaned up, painted and used to hold rubber stamps in my craft room. The lamp base will be a base for a butterfly bath and I'm not sure what I'll do with the little shelf, but thought it was cute!

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:169186}}

• grandmathyme
    Original Author
    14 years ago

And, the final grouping...the Buddha will sit by my concrete Japanese lantern, the ladle will hold hens and chicks, the wagon will be planted (of course), the broken pot will probably be laid on it's side in the wagon to look as if plants have spilled out, and the screened window just might get planted with sedums.

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:169188}}

• concretenprimroses
    14 years ago

Amazing, especially since you already know what you want to do.
    kathy

• leveta
    14 years ago

love that gate...

• Purplemoon
    14 years ago

Oh WOW...amazing haul. I couldn't take my eyes off that first photo. All that fantastic iron, and the beautiful cat statue as well. Incredible to me you got ALL that.

hugs, Karen

• luckygal
    14 years ago

All great finds but that gate is fantastic! Hope you show them in the garden.

• imjustsam
    14 years ago

Everything is great, but please explain to me how you will plant sedums in the screen??

• backyardmom
    14 years ago

When you get the screen done please post.I love anything new to do with sedum's..i love em.
    Joan

• janetgia
    14 years ago

Wonderful finds! Your little shutter cabinet reminds me of a similar one I found on the curb a few years ago. I actually made my hubby hop out of the car (busy street) to grab it for me! LOL It had paneled doors, and I cleaned it up, painted it pink and then painted a floral design on it, and hung it on a fence panel on the patio to hold garden tools.

{{gwi:169192}}

Can't wait to see all the projects you do with your amazing haul!

• Calamity_J
    14 years ago

Great scores...but wheres the pic of the tile saw??!!!lol! Us gals and our diamonds!!!lol! I say to DH now, tools...not jewels!!lol! I got my diamonds and furs...diamond bits/saws and furry ratwieler dogs!lol! (too small to be rotwiellers!lol)

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:18111}}

• grandmathyme
    Original Author
    14 years ago

>>I say to DH now, tools...not jewels!!

I agree! I was lunching with a group of ladies just after Christmas one year and they were all showing off their new jewelry and describing the lingerie their husbands had purchased for them. I sat pretty quietly because I had received the BEST gift of all from MY hubby...a belt sander! I don't think those ladies would have understood!

janetga--I LOVE your pink cabinet! I power washed mine today and started spraying it a light green. Funny how a new color changes the look of the cabinet, isn't it?

imjustsam -- Lowes has a magazine out this month $2.95 where they show a screen that has had moss attached and sedums tied to the wire. You might want to look at the magazine at Lowe's. After you attach the plants, you leave it laying flat until the roots attach to the moss and wire, then stand it upright.

• sunnyca_gw
    14 years ago

Great haul, Love the cabinet & the iron stuff in 1st pic. The screen should really be interesting, show it to us when you are finished! Jan

• katishooked
    14 years ago

Great day of finding treasures. The iron collection will be a nice addition to your garden. Don't you love it when you find all the perfect pieces to use.

Ahhhhh Calamity, your baby sure is pretty in pink.

Kat

• nonacook
    14 years ago

Wonderful finds!
    I love yard sales!

• goldenpond
    14 years ago

great stuff,Love the second batch especially!

• jeannespines
    14 years ago

Great finds! I think the shutter cabinet will be a great stamp collector! Wow, you certainly hit the jackpot on your day out! TFS the pics! Jeanne S.

• perky14u
    14 years ago

The pink baby is crazy cute! lol. Course it makes it much harder to play "sneak through the jungle" among the cannas, a popular doggie game at my house. I love the lamp!! Lots of possibilities there!

• luvstocraft
    14 years ago

Great finds! I really love the iron items and your cabinet and the pink cabinet too. How wonderful that you already know just what you want to do with each item. Luvs

• gisele57
    14 years ago

You sure had a good YS day! I love all the iron, especially the gate. Love wheelbarrels to. Can't wait to see your screen finished. Sounds so cool.. Happy 4th! Darlene :o)