Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
3 sparklers

Posted by grandma_cindy 5 (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 23, 10 at 19:36

I finally finished off the wine bottle sparkler with glass chips in the bottle. It wont blow over now LOL

bottle sparkler

I finished 2 knife sparklers, and am pleased with how they came out. Initially I had the wire way too long, and it drooped too much. I still havent gotten crimp beads though - I keep forgetting them every time I go to the store LOL And I think the acrylic beads look fine - and so much lighter!

knife sparkler 1
knife sparkler 2

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 3 sparklers

love your sparklers, I just might have to bump that project up my list :)

o

Very nice,Gardeners Supply sells them for crazy $$$

o

Love them!! They really jazz up the garden!!

o

The blue & clear look very refreshing in the bottle "COOL" with the pretty beaded wires. Like the knife too! Jan

o

They are all very pretty! I have seen handcrafted sparklers at "boutiques" for $40+. They weren't any prettier than yours. I would never have guessed that they are acrylic beads, they are so sparkly! The acrylic would probably hold up better outside too.

o

The magpie in me is smiling!!

o

wow, I have never seen these before, I love them, but how are they hooked on to the knife?

o

Beautiful, here I am still thinking about how to do these and here you pop in with 3 already made. Three cheers for you, you did a great job.

o

The wires are attached to the back of the handle. Not a very neat job by my DH, but it does the trick! He welded a piece of copper tubing on the knife, then welded the wires into that piece.
Thanks everyone, these are fun, especially the shopping-for-the-beads part LOL

o

You are really getting the hang of making the sparklers now. I love the wine bottle one, what a cool idea!
Frou

o

they are super!! Can't wait to find me some beads and get started again.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here