{{gwi:169490}}

Total cost $1.25! I love GJ projects!

Comments (19)

• nanatricia
    13 years ago

Very pretty!

• sprout_wi
    13 years ago

Bright and cheery! I love the colors - AND the price is right. Great job. TFS.
    -Sprout

• luna_llena_feliz
    13 years ago

Great price for a great plate flower! I often feel sorry for the single plates at thrift stores. Isn't it wonderful to be able to give odd plates a chance to shine again?

• rock_oak_deer
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks all for the nice comments and encouragement. The best part is that DH wasn't quite sure at first about junking up the yard, but really likes this plate flower and is now on board.

• sprout_wi
    13 years ago

LOL at Luna. That is SO true. I was at a flea market last weekend and bought some sugar bowl lids and several saucers. The cashier thanked me for buying these mis-matched odds and ends, that are hard to sell. I thought, "Are you KIDDING me?!" These are GOLD!!

• rock_oak_deer
    Original Author
    13 years ago

LOL, sprout. Those are the best, just the thing to add to the top of a project or finish it off somehow.

I bought a stack of broken Blue Willow bread plates super cheap. The lady commented that I was buying only the broken ones. Yep, I do this on purpose!

Shirley

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

VERY pretty! Love the sunflower background plate...looks so cheery and summery!

• oldcrafty
    13 years ago

Very Pretty......The plate looks like it was meant to be a flower on display

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

That's a lovely flower, you did a super job. I'm glad your DH is on board with junking up the yard now. Mine even brings me home things for projects now. Thanks for the pic.
    Frou

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Cute...reminds me of Mary Engelbreit's art. TFS! Jeanne S.

• rock_oak_deer
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks all, I really appreciate your enablement, errr... encouragement!

Mary Engelbreit! Of course, I love her cheery designs. No wonder I grabbed this at the SA store.

I looked her up just now and found the cutest thing that's so appropriate on this forum...

Here is a link that might be useful: ME latest

• luna_llena_feliz
    13 years ago

I love her designs too! That is a very cute saying for a chair holding a bunch of bowls with plants/flowers in them.

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

Beautiful! Love the price!! That plate is perfect for garden junk flower!! My GF loves sunflowers so will have to find 1 of those, I have the center plate already think it will be her little gift from me next Christmas. We always make each other something! Thanks for the idea! Jan

• rock_oak_deer
    Original Author
    13 years ago

With all these great comments, I got curious about the plate and looked up more info.

The pattern is "Sunny" by Tabletops Unlimited. I got a good deal for 99 cents as it is currently $9.99 on Replacements. The candle holder was only 25 cents because it was "green tags are 50% off" day at the SA store.

Thanks for all your positive comments. I have attached the link for you.

Shirley

Here is a link that might be useful: Sunny

• doedoe2
    13 years ago

I like that plate it is so pretty. Bright colors for the yard.
    Would like to find one like that for that price.

• rock_oak_deer
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks doedoe2, I've looked all over the internet and can't find them much cheaper than $9.00 anywhere. Shipping is a killer on these.

• sorie6 zone 6b
    13 years ago

Very pretty. Can't tell it's your first and sure won't be your last :)!

• kirkus
    13 years ago

Beautiful! I can see that in the garden with sunflowers growing beside and behind it! Thanks for sharing! GREAT job! Bear Hugs! Kirk

• concretenprimroses
    13 years ago

Awesome plate flower.
    Kathy