Photobucket

Total cost $1.25! I love GJ projects!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Another first, this time a plate flower

Very pretty!

o

Bright and cheery! I love the colors - AND the price is right. Great job. TFS.
-Sprout

o

Great price for a great plate flower! I often feel sorry for the single plates at thrift stores. Isn't it wonderful to be able to give odd plates a chance to shine again?

o

Thanks all for the nice comments and encouragement. The best part is that DH wasn't quite sure at first about junking up the yard, but really likes this plate flower and is now on board.

o

LOL at Luna. That is SO true. I was at a flea market last weekend and bought some sugar bowl lids and several saucers. The cashier thanked me for buying these mis-matched odds and ends, that are hard to sell. I thought, "Are you KIDDING me?!" These are GOLD!!

o

LOL, sprout. Those are the best, just the thing to add to the top of a project or finish it off somehow.

I bought a stack of broken Blue Willow bread plates super cheap. The lady commented that I was buying only the broken ones. Yep, I do this on purpose!

Shirley

o

VERY pretty! Love the sunflower background plate...looks so cheery and summery!

o

Very Pretty......The plate looks like it was meant to be a flower on display

o

That's a lovely flower, you did a super job. I'm glad your DH is on board with junking up the yard now. Mine even brings me home things for projects now. Thanks for the pic.
Frou

o

Cute...reminds me of Mary Engelbreit's art. TFS! Jeanne S.

o

Thanks all, I really appreciate your enablement, errr... encouragement!

Mary Engelbreit! Of course, I love her cheery designs. No wonder I grabbed this at the SA store.

I looked her up just now and found the cutest thing that's so appropriate on this forum...

Here is a link that might be useful: ME latest

o

I love her designs too! That is a very cute saying for a chair holding a bunch of bowls with plants/flowers in them.

o

Beautiful! Love the price!! That plate is perfect for garden junk flower!! My GF loves sunflowers so will have to find 1 of those, I have the center plate already think it will be her little gift from me next Christmas. We always make each other something! Thanks for the idea! Jan

o

With all these great comments, I got curious about the plate and looked up more info.

The pattern is "Sunny" by Tabletops Unlimited. I got a good deal for 99 cents as it is currently $9.99 on Replacements. The candle holder was only 25 cents because it was "green tags are 50% off" day at the SA store.

Thanks for all your positive comments. I have attached the link for you.

Shirley

Here is a link that might be useful: Sunny

o

I like that plate it is so pretty. Bright colors for the yard.
Would like to find one like that for that price.

o

Thanks doedoe2, I've looked all over the internet and can't find them much cheaper than $9.00 anywhere. Shipping is a killer on these.

o

• Posted by sorie6 Zone4 Colo (My Page) on
    Tue, Aug 24, 10 at 13:28

Very pretty. Can't tell it's your first and sure won't be your last :)!

o

Beautiful! I can see that in the garden with sunflowers growing beside and behind it! Thanks for sharing! GREAT job! Bear Hugs! Kirk

o

Awesome plate flower.
Kathy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here