Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kirkus_gw

Estate Sale Finds!

kirkus
13 years ago

A friend is having an estate sale tomorrow. Let us have a preview today... BOY, am I so glad we went! :o) Paid $10 for all of this plus bought other stuff for friends and family! Things are priced low as they really need to sell things and are only having the sale for 1 day.

I'm going to use the metal Carnation milk box under my new potting bench I made. I'll place the little bird soap dish by our hose faucet out front so I can wash a bit outside. I love the little wooden pumkin bowl and the whiskey jug! Have the perfect place for the 7 pieces of rod iron border fencing.

My wife Carol found some wool and Pryrex dishes plus an old Carnival Glass vase. A fun morning!

Just wanted to share our finds.

Bear Hugs! Kirk

{{gwi:170133}}

{{gwi:170135}}

{{gwi:170138}}

Comments (14)

• laurastheme
    13 years ago

I'm GREEN with envy! I especially want the Carnation milk box and the border fencing. It isn't very far from my place to yours, you know.

• kirkus
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Uh-oh! Better start closing the garage door all the way (leave it slightly open for our cat Toeby) or Laurastheme will be crawling under it to get to my treasures!!! :o)

• luna_llena_feliz
    13 years ago

Great stuff! I love that bird soap dish. Great idea to have it outside for washing your hands. I love the Carnation box too. It will look wonderful under your lovely potting bench. Kirk, you and I love all things wood! lol I like the pumpkin bowl too. I love rummange sales and estate sales but I have a problem walking. Not bad if I can park right in front and walk a short distance to look around. One of these days I'll have to spend a Saturday rummaging. TFS your new found treasures!

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

You hit a jackpot. AGAIN! You're a lucky treasure finder!
    That bird soap dish is my favorite, tho the decorative fencing is really pretty!!

hugs, Karen

• sprout_wi
    13 years ago

Great finds!! I love everything!! I sure could have used those spikes when I weeded, planted and mulched my new, very large hillside garden.

You have a knack for being in the right place at the right time - AND for having very generous neighbors with really GREAT junque!! Congratulations!!
    -Sprout

• nonacook
    13 years ago

Lots of good things there!!!!

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

Great haul! Can't believe the price! Folks almost give stuff away up there! Love the soap dish with the roof & bird on it. Border fence is wonderful & wondering what you will do with the round plaques, center of stepping stones?? Jan

• mmebrady
    13 years ago

that's an amazing find!! lucky you!

• tasymo
    13 years ago

Great finds, Kirk! I especially love that Carnation Box. Very, very cool. You will enjoy that gardening stool, too. I got one just like it for my Mother, several years ago and she LOVES it! She's 90 this Summer, and it allows her to continue gardening, because the handles give her the leverage to get up and down without help.

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

Ya'll are quite the shoppers, what great stuff. I think the Carnation box is my favorite, but the crock jug is the deal of the day, they are really expensive around here. I made myself drive by all the GS signs on the way to work this morning, I'm trying to cut back.
    Frou

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

I am telling you that we make it out to WA sometime...WE are going shopping my friend! GREAT stuff! You have been on one lucky streak lately...love the soap dish and the Carnation box...too cool! Lucky you!

• toomuchglass
    13 years ago

I have that garden kneeler ..... it's a Godsend !

** PS - the rest of the stuff is way cool,too ! **

• goldenpond
    13 years ago

You Rat! I am so jealous!!!!
    tanya

• crf_kitty
    13 years ago

I have that bird soapdish in a cream color! It's hanging just above my hose reel outside. :-)