Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
beer cans

Posted by nanatricia (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 12, 12 at 20:43

Here are some flowers I made out of beer cans.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: beer cans

great job love them

o

Those are cool!

o

NOooo ............ those aren't beer cans , are they ? They can't be -- they're too pretty ! :) LOL

o

Beautiful! We need a tutorial, How are the centers made? Jan

o

Those are Perfect!!!!!!!

o

Yes, PLEASE PLEASE a tutorial. They are fabulous looking. And that's understating it.

o

Ditto what my neighbor said...definitely understating it. Had to look twice at the pic!

blessigs,
digger

o

I appreciate the time you spent making those
beautiful flowers! They are wonderful!
I have some of the homeless guys
that walk by here saving me their large size beer cans.
They go to a homeless center for lunch several blocks away, and stop and tell me how
nice my flowers and 'things' look.
My garden is next to a busy US Hiway-lots of car and walking traffic.

I haven't done can flowers yet, but did cut some can butterflies.
I am working on plastic bottles flowers while watching
tv now.

o

• Posted by sorie6 5 colorado (My Page) on
    Sat, Jul 14, 12 at 14:16

OMG those are sooo real looking. I had to look twice too.
Tutorial please!!

o

I am working on one!!Thanks every one!

o

No way! (LOL!) ...not a beer can! Too pretty! Look great in with your potted plants! TFS! Jeanne S.

o

I love your flowers!! I'm trying my hand at it but now I would like to paint one. What kind of paint did you use? I used E6000 to glue them together and hope it sticks.

o

I have cut 10 or 12 since you posted this.
Thanks for showing us.
Right now I am waiting to see where the hurricane
will go--looks like it is coming right to us.
I will have to go out and take down my bird cages,
lay my totems on the ground, or move them in. I
hope my bottle tree survives!
Wish me luck!

o

I love these! What a good project on a blustery winter day...so please post instructions!!!

o

nonacook, I certainly hope the hurricane misses you completely. I'll keep good thoughts going out to you.

Marilyn

o

Thanks, Flowers!
Will know and tell more later today on the conversations side.

o

How do you cut the beer cans? Does your hands get cut up? Do you paint them first before cutting the cans? Those are so pretty!

o

Here is my version of Nanatricia's flower. I used 2- 12 oz cans. Next time I will use 3, I think. I've made many flowers using the bottoms of cans, concave side facing out, but for some reason never thought of using the dome side facing out. Next time I make one, I'll make the fringe a little longer. I spray paint my pieces after cutting them & before assembling them.

o

Here is my version of Nanatricia's flower. I used 2- 12 oz cans. Next time I will use 3, I think. I've made many flowers using the bottoms of cans, concave side facing out, but for some reason never thought of using the dome side facing out. Next time I make one, I'll make the fringe a little longer. I spray paint my pieces after cutting them & before assembling them.

o

These are great..got to try my hand at these

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here