Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
The chicken

Posted by beck_wi z5 WI (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 16, 10 at 21:01

My grandma had one of those hanging baskets in her kitchen... you know the one, three baskets of graduating size, that you keep fruit in or stack mail in.
Wellll, she's moving, and she always forgets the fruit that she put in it so I offered to take it off her hands. The minute I saw it I knew exactly what I was going to do with it--- I'm sure you will all agree, that hens and chicks were the perfect solution.

The question now remains.. .what do I do with the other two??

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The chicken

lol, silly girl...that's easy..

fruit in one, then mail in the other one...lol

. .
. .
. .
. .

. .
. .
. .
well, really, I think some other sedums would be cool.
any kind, that would need the same type of watering and planting medium.
lots to choose from, at the nurseries.

fun times.

o

I'd plant them and place all three of them together!

o

Baby chicks? A "flock" of hens! Plant more! or maybe some "rock" eggs! LOL! TFS! Jeanne S.

o

Very appropriate choice!
Kathy

o

did the basket come with the chicken head and tail?

All of mine are just the baskets

Love it!!

o

Yes, the heads and tails are attached.... which is why I wanted them for some hens and chicks.
I had already thought of some egg shaped rocks, but I don't have any handy... yet.

I'm considering doing another one and giving it back to my Grandma for the patio at her new place. I'm thinking of trying to attach some legs to get it up off the ground.
My concern with the small one is that it won't be able to hold enough moisture, which is why I'm trying to come up with something else for him. He's only about 6" in diameter.

If my hubby would let me drill into the tree in the back yard I'd screw it into the tree and use it to put nesting stuff out for the birds.

o

The hens & chicks are a perfect fit for the basket! I've never seen them with chicken parts before either. Glad you got a chance to use it. Nice idea to do something for your mom from 1 part of it. Jan

o

I L I K E it.......especially since you used hens and chicks!

Nanagrandma/Sylvia

o

Fantastic idea!

o

What a neat idea! I have never seen one with the head and tail on it either!

o

I know I'm posting late but that is just so cute. Making one for your Grandma sounds great. I'd put some clay eggs in the little one and set it by the big one you planted.
Frou

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here