Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
toomuchglass

My Pink Flamingos aren't pink anymore

toomuchglass
12 years ago

One of my flamingos joined the military --- he's holding a flag .... and even his DogTags say "Mingo" ... LOL

{{gwi:170737}}

One of my flamingos turned into a giraffe !

{{gwi:170739}}

{{gwi:170741}}

-- And my deck turned into a "little deck of Horrors" ... pink flamingos hanging on my umbrella for the paint to dry ...

{{gwi:170747}}

{{gwi:170754}}

It's a production line ... I have more that are done - just drying in the wings ...

My neighbors think I'm crazy !! ROFL !!

Comments (16)

• concretenprimroses
    12 years ago

You are too much! Love 'em. What kind of paint are you using?
    Kathy

• sunnyca_gw
    12 years ago

I thought you were crazy when you said you bought all those pink critters!! Well, the 1st 2 are so cute & who would think to turn 1 into a giraffe!! Great job painting! The GI sure looks official to me, he'll do a great job of protecting your home! Can't wait to see what is next once those guys get "cut loose". I can just hear the neighbors,"Mabel, it's getting worse, do you think we should call the cops, I mean, who hangs flamingos until they turn white!" Jan

• LindaArb
    12 years ago

OMG those are truly the best!! I love em all! They would sell like hotcakes in Ontario! Great pics also.
    Linda

• gottatry
    12 years ago

Now how darned cute are those!!!! Great imagination AND painting!

• kathi_mdgd
    12 years ago

Those are great,you have a good imagination and are very talented.

How did you mosiac those bowling pins?? I have a bag full of plastic ones,just need to decide what to do with them.
    TFS
    Kathi

• marylee_2010
    12 years ago

You are amazing. I love the giraffe.

Marylee

• toomuchglass
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Mosaicing bowling pins ? Just glue & beads !
    "Goop" works the best for me . It holds instantly & dries clear. I have alot more "mingos" to show !!!

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

LOL! at your "little deck of Horrors!" Too funny!!! Nice, nice painting! You are talented! TFS! Jeanne S.

• geeme
    12 years ago

Those are wonderful... do your neighbors have tours in your yard yet?? It may be coming what fun!! Even more fun is when they start bringing you their trash to go throuh before they toss it. Love your art and I am sure the neighbors do too....

• rock_oak_deer
    12 years ago

Those are wonderful, you do such a great job painting.

• oldcrafty
    12 years ago

Those are just awesome. The paint job on the giraffe is sooooo good. The GI is really special. Can't wait to see the rest of them be released from their unusual perch and take on a new look.

• PKponder TX Z7B
    12 years ago

Love that sweet bejeweled flamingo peeking out in the first 'little shop of horrors' pic! They are all cool, but I really love that one!

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

You are too funny Kathy! LOVE both of them...the giraffe is amazing! And the military one named "Mingo" is great! Can't wait to see what else you do....you're such a talented painter!

• Ament
    12 years ago

Haha! I absolutely Love the GI Mingo! My hubby is Air Force, EOD(Explosive Ordinance Disposal) I may just have to try and find a flamingo(might be difficult here in SD) and copy your idea, if you don't mind. *g*

~Bright Blessings!
    Tina Marie

• kylslil1
    12 years ago

Mingo! That is fabulous! I love the attention to detail...especially the dogtags! They are so much fun. Does your giraffe have a name too?

• toomuchglass
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks for the compliments !! My neighbor loves it - he thinks I made him a shooting gallery with all my hanging mingos ! LOL

The top coat of paint is just plain old Ceramcoat . I made one today -- it didn;t turn out the way I pictured it in my head . It was to be a "Recycla-mingo" - I'll have to re-think that one. I have a Zebra that just needs finishing ... a Red , White & Blue One , and a Green Bay Packers one. I wish I had enough of an imagination to name them .... LOL...

Anyway -- thanks again for making my head swell ( hehe )

Sponsored
One Source Systems
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Top Choice for Reliable Home Automation & Home Media in Loudoun County