Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Teasing you with more GJ.

Posted by 9bark 3bto5a BC (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 7, 11 at 21:16

Hello! I have a few more things to share!

I had to move my Sun Power hosta from where it was (bleaching). I think it will look better in the partial shade!

Sun Power

I love love love drift wood and only had a chance to find a few pieces before the Thompson river started to rise. The black widows seem to enjoy them too!

Drift

widow

The only painted gnome I own who has a love for clean teeth and plasticized beetle keychains!

gnome

Last but no least a zoom out of the corner of my shade garden. The brown bottle is very oddly shaped like it was melted. Found it under an abadoned trailer years ago. The green lantern saved from someone's trash! Mmm Hostas!!

shade

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Teasing you with more GJ.

Oh your Hosta's are looking wonderful! (I need to move my 2 Sunpowers also...lost the big Maple tree a few yrs bk & the Hostas don't do as well).

anyway, I think your driftwood makes the best GJ ever! I love it, too! (but you can keep Ms. Willow)! Ugh!

Like how you've added 'glass' in your gardens...w/o doing totems or flowers...looks great just sitting among your plants! TFS! Jeanne S.
(oh, that gnome is a cutie, too...I also own only one...they get in too much trouble!...but this guy is pretty laid back!) LOL!

Pond Bridge Troll CloseUp 5.10

o

I loved your gnome, had me laughing out loud with his toothbrush. Too cute. The melted brown bottle is neat. I like odd bits of glass things, and love driftwood tho don't find much around Phoenix. LOL.

Your gardens look neat.
hugs, Karen

o

Everything looks really good. I like your drift wood, bottles and gnome. Thank you for sharing.

Marylee

o

Your plants all look so healthy! Love all the GJ additions, that bottle maybe got too close to an incinerator! Great shade garden! I don't think I've ever had a Hosta. I do love driftwood! TFS Jan

o

It all looks great. I would like a gnome. I like yours, he has a sense of humor! Gotta find the right one!
Kathy

o

what a great garden. Driftwood and glass looks very nice the way you have it placed. And of course the gnome to save the day!!

o

• Posted by 9bark 3bto5a BC (My Page) on
    Fri, Jul 8, 11 at 16:10

Thanks for the comments all! Jeanne, I still want to make a totem! I just need to find the right parts.

o

We live below you in Washington state. Your gardens look a little like ours. I love the gnome. I don't have any, but I get such a kick out of them in other people's yards. I love driftwood, too. For nearly 30 years we lived in a community with a private beach. Can't beach comb there since we moved unless I'm with a community member. If I go to a public beach I'm fighting the crowds.

o

Gotta love hostas! I love your bottles and lamp in the garden. They look great scattered among the flowers. And I have a weakness for driftwood too. Being handicapped, it is hard for me to get down to the shoreline of Lake Michigan to look for driftwood. Walkers don't do well in the sand! lol But you can keep those black widows! I think I'll stick with our garden spiders.

o

WhooHoo! Another BC Gnomie Homie!!!heh heh! I just started collecting gnomes last year, old cement ones, on their way to the scrap recycling pile at the Recycle depot...hauled them out, been giving them new noses/hats/legs/whatever they need, painting them and they are good as new! I have 2 that should be holding something...I will have to make them hold something "intersting" now....heh heh!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here