Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Metal Dragonfly

Posted by KathyWI none (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 23, 12 at 21:18

This is just down the road from me. Not sure if you can tell from the picture but this is HUGE. Probably a 10=12 ft wing span. Very neat art!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Metal Dragonfly

Wow! I like the butterflies too! TFS Jan

o

Yes! Very nice

o

Something like that would look great on a fence post over by the pond.
I've got 10,000 cotton bale ties about 8" long that would work for the wings. I've got 2 welding tables 10" long I could fabricate the wings on. Problem is both tables are covered with good junk for those projects I haven't started yet and I think there is an 8 year backlog if I don"t pick any more of that "I might need this someday" junk.
But I have saved the picture and it"s now in my "Roundtoit" file.

o

loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee it all

o

Tinfoil! I have a "Craft" room that is now called the crap room cuz of just the same reason!!! Thank You! I'm not alone!!!! Oh ya... I LOVE dragonflies...this one is great!!!

o

I want some butterflies like those. Butterflies always "tickle my happy spot".

o

• Posted by cnm1 6 Oh (My Page) on
    Tue, Jul 24, 12 at 16:43

In my dreams - I make stuff like that. I too am collecting stuff- for projects I do not even know about yet!!!

o

LOVE this guy!! Saved the picture in our files too! DH is working on a big dragonfly now, but not quite a 10' wingspan. Thanks for sharing this guy with us...really love him.

o

Love all the dragonflies that have recently
been shown. I printed all the pictures for my files.
I also have 'tables' full of things and no room to work.
Somehow, summer heat, winter cold, weeds and life get
in the way.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here