Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
glass blocks & totems

Posted by grandma_cindy 5 (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 9, 10 at 21:26

I had 2 glass blocks drilled and ready for decorating & lights. Alas, no printer ink, and as impatient as I am, decided to just do them as packages this time. I frosted the one on the left, didnt do the other. I think they turned out good.

Photobucket

Then I think this is my fav totem (other than the patriotic one) so far. I knew the almost-top bowl was gonna look cool on something.

Photobucket

Been saving this small blue vase for just the right project.

Photobucket

Last but not least, I made up a bunch of cup & saucer stakes. Just need to find about 8 more bud vases LOL I found some cute saucers with no cups, so I used a set of punch bowl cups my son didnt want.

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: glass blocks & totems

You have been a busy bee. Everything is beautiful. Good job.

o

Great totems! And I like your Xmas gift blocks. They turned out cool too. You sure found some pretty saucers. I have been collecting matching cups and saucers when I see them but they are hard to come by. Your idea of using the punch cups is a good one - they go with any color!

o

Cool!!!

o

Do you use the bud vases for the bottom of your teacup birdfeeders? That is a great idea. I have been using them for some concrete mushroom bottoms and I have amassed quite a few. Last time at my favorite junk store, the cashier gave me 15 vases for $3. It pays sometimes to share the crafts with the girl charging you for your "treasures". Just so you don't think I am dishonest,it is an as-is store and you can fill up your cart and she just makes up a reasonable price. This week I got all a cart full of stuff and the ones that were marked added up to $58, I got the whole lot for $12. Some of the things were too nice for crafts like a beautiful serving bowl and tray. I took them to a 4th of July party filled with fruit and gave them as hostess gifts. It made me look generous and cost about $1.

o

You have been busy! Totems are all beautiful! Cup and Saucers, hmmmm, I like that idea, will you place them on top of vases than display in garden?

NanaGrandma

o

Yes the bud vases go under the cup/saucer, which then goes over a pipe. I like them as tea light holders (then you dont have to clean the wax out), but could be for votives, bird seed, or maybe a hummingbird bath ;-)
Imjustsam, sounds like a wonderful store! And you bet, I always try to make friends with the owner or cashier!

o

Lovely!
Kathy

o

Very pretty!!
I like the idea of putting a bud vase under the tea cups.

o

That crystal totem is extra pretty and the top bowl is a real stand-out. I like the bell as a topper on the blue one too.
Frou

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here