Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New birdhouse

Posted by marlene_2008 7 (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 1, 11 at 21:44

My DH is the property manager of our county's libraries, so he decided to make this birdhouse for the children's section and cover it with an old book that was going to be "retired" because it was in bad shape. He covered the outside with poly and used a wire nut at the perch. The librarians loved it!

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New birdhouse

cute!!

o

Being retired from local library & working in the children's department for some yrs, I agree w/your hubby's librarians! LOVE IT!!! (looks like he re-inforced w/plastic pcs for the corners. Did he have a pattern for this? Curious minds! TFS, Marlene! Jeanne S.

o

Marlene..that is so neat and recycled, too. Your DH is very creative.

Marylee

o

That's really cute & I'm sure the kids love it! DH did a good job & smart to add the plastic pieces so the edges don't "go" so fast as sure some of kids will want to touch it.!! Jan

o

I LOVE THIS!!!!! Toooo Cool! Reminds me of a birdhouse my students had made for me...the roof has the book, "Where the Red Fern Grows"...my FAVORITE BOOK! :o)

Pepsi Birdhouse 1

o

Wonderful recycling. I sometimes pick up fave retired children's books from the dump to avoid their destruction. But I'm never sure what to do with them. Love this.
Kathy

o

Really like both of the birdhouses!

o

what do you do with the rages of the book under the roof? Is this house weather resistant or just for inside use? THanks

o

Very clever and cute too. I bet the kids love it.

o

OHHHHHH so cute. Love both of them

o

It doesn't take long for something new and fun to catch on. I was given one of these book bird houses for my birthday. I LOVE it!! I like the way he did his edges.

o

Absolutely wonderful. That is a nice children's project that adults will also love. REally nice use of a well loved book.

o

awe, this is so sweet. and I totally love this book...i remember it from when i was younger. I always wanted a purse that could produce pizza! ha

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here