Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My arbor and gate to Nowhere land....

Posted by marlene_2008 7 (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 1, 11 at 21:48

Since we'd had nothing else going on (hahaha!), DH and I decided to build this arbor out of some old porch posts and use a gate that was given to us. We junked it up with one of my swirlies that we rescued from the dump and put wrought iron piece from a GJ friend on it to finish dressing it up. The gazing ball beside it is made from an old floor lamp...I'll put another post with a close up of that on the feed too.

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My arbor and gate to Nowhere land....

Ooooh! I love it! Very creative :o)

o

Looks like you're entering a secret garden! Pretty! Your swirlies are being put to good use! TFS! Jeanne S.

o

I love it.

Marylee

o

Good to use your imagination & dream of what is beyond! Looks like a road & they can take you a lot of places. It really came out nice, did you cement it in? Jan

o

The arbor is lovely, and I also really like the reuse of the old lamp as a gazing ball holder.
Kathy

o

You two are a wonderful team! I love this! Brings your eye to that area of your garden... WOW! Bear Hugs! Kirk

o

very very creative - love it and love what you did with the floor lamp .....

Lynne

o

It's not a gate to Nowhere... it's a gate to EVERYwhere!

o

I LOOVE THIS! I love the shape of the posts and the color....I love all the attention to detail on the gazing ball holder....the beads, the swirls. Its so fun and inviting, nice, nice work!

o

I love it too. Looks great!

o

I agree with everyone else: it's great!!!

o

I absolutely LOVE IT!! Very creative!

http://daydreamsdustbunnies.blogspot.com/

o

Outstanding!

o

Love it!
Makes you wonder what was there before, after all a entrance gate leads somewhere. Maybe the shrubs are hiding a magic portal....
Now I have to open the gate and go through just to see if anything happens!

o
Look for the light...

There's even a magic lamp beside it so you can find the right gate when you want to come back.

o

How on earth did I miss this beautiful creation!! I love, love, love it. What a gorgeous vignette you've created.
You and DH are the 'bestest' team at creating garden art.
WOW.

hugs, Karen

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here