Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
marlene_kindred

Floor lamp gazing ball

Marlene Kindred
12 years ago

This is another "borrowed" idea that I got from a post on the GJ feed last year. I took an old floor lamp (from my parents' house) and painted it a bright color, glued the gazing ball to the top and added glass pieces on the smaller light sockets. The round balls in those glass pieces are my DH's crochet balls that I snitched while he was at work and repainted.....then dressed it with beads and butterflies for bling! Those things that look like bird perches at the bottom are welded pieces that DH drove in the ground to secure this baby in a storm!

{{gwi:171659}}

Comments (6)

• nanatricia
    12 years ago

So cute !!! I love it!!

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Hmmmm...what I love about the gazing ball is the 'mirrored reflections!' (nice self-portrait, Marlene!) Your project is very 'chic' & you're sure getting alot accomplished! I am very jealous! (my painting for the day was more pieces of siding!) Ugh! TFS! Jeanne S.

• sunnyca_gw
    12 years ago

That floor lamp just "moved uptown"! Looks like it should grace the entrance to a lovely tea house with the butterflies & beads & pretty balls. Glad it is well anchored, you both did a great job! Jan

• marylee_2010
    12 years ago

Marlene..Very nice and very creative. You have been very busy.

Marylee

• excessfroufrou
    12 years ago

Marlene, that is one frou-froued up gazing ball and I'm loving it. I love the butterflies on the pole. You have been a busy girl this summer all or your projects are lovely and your yard is looking wonderful. We've been camping alot and I haven't been able to keep up with GW and my postings.
    Frou

• oldcrafty
    12 years ago

LOVE that lamp gazing ball and the best part is I already have a lamp that I didn't know what to do with! So now I'm gonna be a copy-cat.!! Your garden is so pretty and I like the disply on the wall.
    Thanks for sharing pics.