Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
what can I do with a little pump from a broken fountain birdbath?

Posted by jannashome 5 (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 24, 10 at 22:01

I have (had) a birdbath with a fish that spit water out of his mouth. It was made out of a weird metal, that broke when it got tipped over..so the birdbath part is not usable anymore. I want to make a water feature and use the pump.. any ideas? must be simple and I need a good explanation!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: what can I do with a little pump from a broken fountain birdb

janna...you can do about anything that you would like with this little pump...maybe fill a small round dishtub with water...put your pump in it...add a grate of some sort on top...(like an old grill grate), cover with rocks but leave the plastic tube (from your pump) sticking up the middle to splash water over the rocks.

And here's a link to the GJer's Inspiration Album for "ponds & fountains"...maybe that will inspire you.
Have fun & share pics, please! Jeanne S.

Here is a link that might be useful: Ponds & Fountains GJ Inspiration Album

o

I can't give you directions, but you could search for instructions. You could make a 'bubbler' by drilling a hole thru a bowling ball.
-Sprout

o

oh thanks you guys!! I am getting ideas now, I just thought it would have to be back in a birdbath, but I love the bowling ball and the rock idea!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here