Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
flower stems

Posted by nanatricia (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 20, 12 at 22:02

Here is what I do my dh is on oxygen and I used his old tube .I made leaves out of small wire then slit a the tube and stuck it in .I use a cloth hanger wire down the whole tube for strength.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: flower stems whole flowers

Sorry I am late had a busy week.

o
RE: flower stems

That is using your head!! I didn't think there was any use for used oxygen tubing only my dad's was clear but I could have painted it! Very smart of you to use this stuff & it looks good too. Got some cans together & leather gloves so will have to get started. Really like the green tubing tho, makes the stems & leaves look so natural. Thanks for showing how you did it!! Jan

o

I'm so glad you posted. I use oxygen myself and I save the used tubing that is until DH throws it away. Now I have an excuse for saving the green tube. Thank you again. Now, wonder what to use the clear stuff for?

o

• Posted by cnm1 6 Oh (My Page) on
    Sat, Jul 21, 12 at 6:14

Wow - I love it!! What a great use of medical waste. I have worked in health care 32 yrs (nurse midwife now). I am no longer in hospitals but I need to ask around for some.

o

Thank you! I will pull some of that out of my stash.
I saved the green tubing from when my DH was on oxygen.
Especially some that was never used. Some of that was also used (1 inch pieces)
between beads, bottle caps (both metal and plastic) and tin can lids, in VBS one year.
Made danglers to hang in trees.

o

AMAZING! What GJers can come up with ...recycling @ it's best! TFS, nanatricia ! Jeanne S.

o

What a great idea! Thanks for sharing!

o

Very cool!

o

Thanks every one.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here