Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Grand Total $20 :)

Posted by dollydee 7 (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 10, 10 at 22:26

Great haul at the GS today. Over 60 items and I only spent $20. Most I spent was $2 for each teapot. I think my favorite find of the day was the butterflies for a quarter each! I got the box of 16 bud vases for $1

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Grand Total $20 :)

WOW!! What a HAUL!! I LOVE everything!! So what do you have eplanned for these treasures - anything yet? I especially like the teapots and the cups and saucers. You did well on the smaller vases, too. I cannot find the smooth white ones around here. I may have to paint the insides of my clear ones white. You had Christmas in July. Congrats!!
-Sprout

o
Question

Did you get all of this at the same garage sale??
-Sprout

o

I'll be doing more plate flowers and totems and the teapots/cups, will be totems and bird feeders. I want to do an Alice in Wonderland themed garden.

No, probably searched 15 sales...started the hunt at 6:30 this morning and quit about noon. Only down side to the day was I didn't find any beads, I REALLY want to make one of those sparklers, they are too cute!

o

Well Ima jealous LOL Yall must have better garage sales than around here! :-D

o

WOW! And you wonder why your dining table is covered...tee hee! GREAT finds! Teapots & cups & saucers are beautiful! Lookin' forward to your Alice garden...you've got lots of goodies to begin! TFS! Jeanne S.

o

Wow! Love the apple & morning glory teapots! The butterfly plaques are so cute & almost ready for the garden(I would add a wire so they don't break when the twine goes. You are going to be busy too!! Jan

o

• Posted by cait1 VIC Aust (My Page) on
    Sun, Jul 11, 10 at 3:04

I'm sitting here singing... I'M JEALOUS!! I'M JEALOUSSS!!!!

Holy COW!!!! Those teapots would cost $20 EACH here!! You are one very lucky lady.... CONGRATS!!!

I'm partial to your cups and saucers and I would love to break those babies up!

o

Wow!
I love the teapots. They are beautiful and look expensive. That petal spout is just too cute.
Great haul. Have fun. Love the idea of the Wonderland Garden.
Kathy

o

The purple floral tea cup is my favorite, the set of 3 is marked Nippon, and the girl tried to sell me a set of Noritake, I told her I didn't have the heart to use that stuff in the garden.

Jan-exactly what I said when I found them. They are very heavy and I was surprised they used twine!

Kathy-The spout is adorable, that's what caught my eye :)

o

I agree with concrete: the petal teapot is the best! What a haul!!!

o

You are the GS queen!!I can't even begin to say what I like best! I love it all--you did great!

o

I wanna shop where YOU shop ! My Jaw dropped at all the awesome stuff !

Lucky You !

o

Wow...I need to go GSing with you! What a haul! Love the teapots and teacups...VERY lovely.

o

OMGosh....what a haul. I love the pretty little teacups and the blue 'n white teapot! They would stay IN my house for sure.
You sure got some great things to play with. Congratulations!

hugs, Karen

o

Boy did you luck out! I see lots of plate flowers and totems in your future. lol! I love the butterfly plaques. Those teapots and teacups and saucers are real winners. It is hard to find something like that around here at a reasonable price. TFS!

o

Those were my kind of sales! Less than $20 for all that stuff!!!!Makes me want to go right out and buy more things!Lol-That's MY problem. I tell myself "you don't need more stuff", but if I let myself go, then I HAVE to buy, because I see the potential of the pieces.....

o

LOVE the teapots too. The petal one is so unique! I'd have bought them too. Bet you had a big smile on your face the whole day.

o

I love the flower plate with the wrought iron around it!!! I'd love to mosaic that!!! Good Haul!!!

o

You must live in a large city, we do good to have 4 GSs in one weekend around here. I love the teacups and everything was so well priced. I've tried to cut back, I've got too many projects in the works right now.
Frou

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here