Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jeannespines

Barnwood Bloom Butterfly Flower

jeannespines
13 years ago

Some of you know that I love recycling barn wood & since I don't have a big board fence I use old barn doors & wood. Here's another "Barnwood Bloom" I made this past week:

{{gwi:172506}}

The flower is an old fan blade of some sort that I spray painted a couple shades...& the center is a cookie cutter blade...added some nails. The stem is an old curtain rod I flattened with hammer & screwed into place. And the leaves are a brass "butterfly" from GS'ing...I like to use them on my "Barnwood Blooms."

Added a couple eyehooks on back & wire...so can be hung or free-standing against a bldg. or something. Here's the full view in front of a tree:

{{gwi:172507}}

Sometimes I take these to Farmer's Mrkt & other times they end up in my garden...so we shall see! I love old barnwood! My DH helps me find supplies, too! Jeanne S.

Comments (17)

• kirkus
    13 years ago

Jeanne, Oh my gosh, you never cease to amaze me! That is BEAUTIFUL, CREATIVE, and IMAGINATIVE!!!! If I were at your Farmer's Market, I would buy you out! TFS!!! Bear Hugs! Kirk

P.S. I still have a door arbor on my list of to-do's...inspired by you and your hubby!

• bverste
    13 years ago

Jeanne, I only wish I could see the beauty in "trash", like you. It is beautiful

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

I'm standing and clapping here! LOVE the new bloom Jeanne! Turned out beautifully!

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

Beautiful!! That is a fabulous butterfly!! The fan blade made a great flower. Then you added your magic & another Barnwood bloom was born!! I'd have to keep that 1 as the butterfly is so beautiful! Jan

• luna_llena_feliz
    13 years ago

I've got the butterfly, now I just need the fan blades, barnwood and curtain rod. lol! Wonderful creation as always!

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

That is wonderful, Jeanne. Tho not surprising coming from you. Part of me wishes I could be at your Farmers Market when you sell stuff, and part of me is glad I'm not. LOL.
    Everything you do, inside and out, I LOVE. You are so creative and talented.

hugs, Karen

• luvs2click
    13 years ago

Another great piece of work, Jeanne! Loving it! TFS
    Arlene

• shrillmtb
    13 years ago

Ooohh, I love that flower, and the character of the barnwood sets it off to perfection! Nice idea!

• misfit
    13 years ago

Amazing.............boy do I have talent envy!

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

Another rustic piece of lovely art, it doesn't surprise me in the least. I love the curtain rod stem, now that's showing some out of the box thinking. I have the hardest time envisioning things like this, made from metal parts,but give some glass and sparkle and I'm off and running. Your things are always inspiring.
    Frou

• doodys
    13 years ago

Know one shouldn't covet but can't help it.That's a unique flower project.Could you tell me what the fan blade came off of..Doesn't look like a typical fan blade I have ever seen.

• Barbara Kelly
    13 years ago

Oh, I love that! Running to drag the old curtain rod out of the trash.... also taking the blades off an old fan I was going to toss out..... dragging around the house an old door that was on the woodpile....

Oh yea, very well done!

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Appreciate your comments, GJers!

I don't know what the fan blade (that's what I call it) was in it's former life...I think I got it at flea market last yr when ya get to plow thru tons of $1 junk!

Barnwood certainly has it's own personality & it seems to hold up for a long time out in the elements! This Barnwood Bloom is not stained or any finished...just old barnwood that I sanded down. Sometimes I put a finish on them like I did this pic below from last yr...it sold:

{{gwi:172508}}

Thanks again! Jeanne s.

• smickerdoodle
    13 years ago

Those are both awsome. You are so creative and if I were at your farmer's market, Kirk would have to fight me for your stuff! Keep it coming. You are so inspiring to me.

• nanagrandma
    13 years ago

Jeanne, you are amazing!!!
    Love looking at all your creations, your photos, your pines, etc. etc.
    Gosh how do you get all that talent,
    yep, I am envious too.

Nanagrandma/Sylvia

• mmebrady
    13 years ago

you are so very talented! I love what you have done!

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Wonderful creations, Jeanne, I love both of them. What a great way to repurpose odd pieces of metal and get to enjoy the beauty of the old barnwood at the same time. Luvs

Sponsored
Land & Water Design
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
VA's Modern & Intentional Outdoor Living Spaces | 16x Best of Houzz