Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
redneck garden art???

Posted by suesarge (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 23, 11 at 22:55

Hi! Haven't really posted before, but have been lurking for quite awhile. We recently went to a family reunion held at an aunt's farm. She has quite a nice yard with some unusual displays. The best I thought was this "skull tree." Never seen anything like it before! How about "Little Mary Sunshine" beside it. Auntie Shirley is quite the character!

Image link: redneck garden art??? (54 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: redneck garden art???

Very interesting. I like your Aunt Shirley's way of thinking!

o

A little late to cheer those fellas hanging from the tree but Mary Sunshine is a cutie!! Jan

o

I wish the photo was bigger. I can't quite make it out.
Kathy

o

Now that is unique! Wonder who climbed the tree to hoist the skulls up? Little Mary Sunshine should be afraid! ;-)

o

I also couldn't see it too well and increased to 150% and that worked very well. I have gotten into the habit of doing that with smaller pictures.

Your aunt surely has an interesting display. I like it. Thank you for sharing.

Marylee

o

Sorry the picture is not clearer. Had some trouble posting it as am a newbie. Site kept telling me my photo was bigger than 60k so had to downsize it to fit. Noticed other photos in other posts are quite large. How do you do that?

o
RE:RE: redneck garden art???

The skulls are also strung with LED lights so they light up at night which is kinda cool too. The bottom skull is red and the rest are clear/white lights. This gives it a whole new dimension! My brother was bugging Auntie Shirley that it was a "Satanic Worshipping Tree" and she was just using "Little Mary Sunshine" as a cover!!! Hahaha!!! Believe it or not Shirley strung everything up herself as her husband has been gone for about ten years now. She does everything on the farm herself. Not bad for an old girl turning 81 this year!!! Wish I had all her energy!

o

WOW!!! It lights up too...PERFECT!!! Yup, she is one of us!!!

o

Good for Auntie Shirley! & welcome to the Forum, too! Jeanne S.

o

Now we will all have to try to keep up wih Aunt Shirley. At 81 it sounds like she will keep us all busy. Welcome to Garden Junk. Jlily

o

Like the skulls--
Aunt shirley is seven years older than I am
and I hope I am sitll going strong at that age.
Not doing as well as I want to now-Grin.

Jlily, I was going through some 1999-2002 things I
had printed (in a box, before I started using file
folders) and found your name on a couple of them.
And some of those print-outs still had 'accoutrements'
instead of 'junk'. Just goes to show you how long we
have been here......LOL
Found Grannytoo-arizona,before they moved back to Indiana-also! Most of the other names either visit rarely, or have quit coming. Some moved to MSN garden junk (now gardenjunk.org)

o

Aunt Shirley sounds like someone we'd all love to adopt.
She rocks!

hugs, Karen

o

• Posted by sorie6 Zone4 Colo (My Page) on
    Wed, Jul 27, 11 at 21:40

That is the coolest!! I love Aunt Shirley's sence of humor

o

You may well know this already but a quick way of enlarging a picture or text temporarily is to mouse over it, press control and roll the mouse wheel. I was shown this trick by a pupil.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here