Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
old tires

Posted by purplemoon z9 Phoenix (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 21, 11 at 22:59

I'm not normally a fan of old tires in the yard, LOL, but I have to say, these look pretty spiffy!

Enjoy,
Karen

Here is a link that might be useful: tire planters

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: old tires

Karen...Those tire planters do look pretty spiffy. That is a good descriptive word for them. I have never seen them painted like that...Have only seen the ones turned inside out. Thank you for sharing.

Marylee

o

They really look nice! I've seen them out here on blvds piled 2 high & filled with flowers or greenery & they look very nice. They were just black but with flowers or green hanging down still looked great. I guess because they are so thick they probably don't heat up on inside & stuff might do better when it is really hot. Jan

o

• Posted by 9bark 3bto5a BC (My Page) on
    Fri, Jul 22, 11 at 1:33

Wow I want to make one now! Nice colours!

o

Love them spray painted.
Kathy

o

Back in the beginning years of garden junk, there were some painted with 'stripes'. For example, the white tire has rows of different 'looks'--2 alike with a smooth row in the middle. Each would be painted a different color.
I always thought those were nice too! The tires I usually have access to are not as nicely marked.

o

LOL! My baretread wouldn't paint up near as nice! I've have 2 'turned ones' outside for over 30 yrs now...so they do 'wear' good!

I am loving these 'colors!' Good recycling! TFS, PM! Jeanne s.

o

WOW What wonders a little paint can do!

o

• Posted by sorie6 Zone4 Colo (My Page) on
    Sat, Jul 23, 11 at 18:18

Great recycling!!

o

I have my Bob on the look out for old tires. I thought of painting them similar to those in the pictures (just different colors). I figured it would be a great way to create a garden along the one fence without digging up the dirt. And if I can stack them 2 high, it would make them more accessible too. TFS, Karen!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here