Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
It used to be a dining room table

Posted by dollydee 7 (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 10, 10 at 23:03

I know there used to be a formal dining room table under this clutter! I have got to get another table to put upstairs in one of the extra bedrooms. I have a doll room, so now I need a craft room :)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: It used to be a dining room table

OK, you owe me a new keyboard. My current one is swimming in drool, just looking at all this stuff. You ROCK!!
-Sprout

o

You sound like my DH Dolly! Except here, it's the coffee table I cant find, nor the 2 folding tables in my living room! I did set up tables in my garage to work from, but it's been so stinkin hot I just cant stand it out there! And I do have our extra bedroom set up as a craft room, but there's no useable work space right now LOLOL Oh to make crafts that are tiny - NOT!

o

Someone is going to be busy! Awesome collection!

o

Yep, I was up in the front of the house thinking it was very warm in there, and I realized I had closed the vents to the formal parlor and the dining room back in the winter. Way too hot to be outside doing this. 105 degrees is too warm.

Hopefully, I can get it thinned out this week....gotta get busy and make some stuff! I did 11 plate flowers last week, I need a few more larger plates.

o

LOL! A true GJ totem addict! WOW! Jeanne S.

o

WOW!!! Now that is a "whole lot of glass" I love the red lamp bases??? My goodness you have every color that will make great totems, plate flowers. etc.
I too am salivating, LOL

Nanagrandma/Sylvia

o

Ah, I see a lot of totems, teacup holders & plate flowers in your future! That is some big table!! Looks like you bought out a TS! See you have a nice start on the flower plates! Love that red glass from lamp, will make something beautiful mixed with gold or clear glass!! What a large variety to choose from, lucky lady! We will want to see pics of course! Jan

o

so much beauty! And even divided by color. Where is the picture of the ten plate flowers!?
I have a plan for a craft and sewing room upstairs, but it depends on a current work (as in table sawing and home repair) room being turned into our bedroom and the spare bed being moved into the room where we are now sleeping, and the table saw etc going into new (not yet existing) garage, lol.
I honestly don't know if it will ever happen. Dh wants to do almost everything himself which is wonderful in some ways, but it makes slow going when there is just evenings and weekends.
Kathy

o

You better get working. Thanksgiving is just around the corner!!!! My goal is to get my car in it's garage, but I keep filling up the stall with garden junk "possibilities". I have quite a stash of blue glass too since it's my favorite. I was at a store called Tables to Teapots the other day. They were selling those blue vases for $11. OUCH! Yesterday picked up a free table and 6 chairs on craigslist and into the garage that went. Maybe I'll use the table to spread out my glassware. That makes it much easier to create when you can see what you have.

o

The red ones came from an old 1970's hanging chain type light fixture the neighbor was getting rid of it and I grabbed it years ago! I've been trying to figure out whether to use all 3 in a totem or what??? Any suggestions???

I'll try to get pix of the completed flowers uploaded today or tomorrow :)

o

I am so impressed with your collection! You will have a ball putting it all together! Great selection of styles and colors--can't wait to see the finished products!!!

o

************ Gasp *********** Holy &%^##^* !!!!!!!
You're set for life, girl !

Your dining room table is starting to look like mine - "a pile of "stuff" with legs !! " LOL

o

What everyone else said!!! OMGosh....I am speechless. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the red lamp thingies! And your totems are beautiful too....so many pretty pieces of glass...the magpie in me is just in a frenzy! ;-)

o

Ditto on what Sprout said. WOW. My poor keyboard.
And heck, who needs a dining room table anyway! Tho I think you do NEED a craft room, LOL.

hugs, Karen

o

Gorgeous colors! Keep us posted on what you make with all those treasures!

o

Lots of beautiful things to put together! I would have been tempted to leave the red lamp and hang it as it was.
My dining room table has not been used in years.
But it's not covered with 'totem glass' but with
2 large punch bowls and a lot of cake plate on stands.
My craft and garden stuff is in 2 separate vacant, hurricane-damaged houses! One for mostly
crafts and the other for garden 'glass'. Both finished and unfinished. That's is not counting the sheds
for the rusty and galvanized stuff-Just wish I had the stamina I had several years ago to get my garden back in shape.

o

This is just full of inspirations! I'm a green & blue glass lover. Bet you had fun collecting them...

o

Oh my, oh my, I would be in a tizzy if I had all that glass to work with. It's funny you said "I need more large plates", it seems we are always looking for something, no matter how much we have on hand. Have a blast.
Frou

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here