12 years ago

I have a garden totem site to tell you about. The link is:

BHG.com/GardenFancies

I hope you like it.

Marylee

Comments (10)

• concretenprimroses
    12 years ago

That's very interesting. TFS. Just goes to show how things become popular.
    I posted a hot link below.
    Kathy

Here is a link that might be useful: BHG garden fancies

• marylee_2010
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you, Kathy. I would have liked to do that but don't know how to yet. I go along and learn little by little. Thanks again.

Marylee

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

marylee...this may help (if you decide to try it)...I had posted this for another GJer:

...just open up the link you want to share...highlight the "http://address,"; then right click & click copy ...
    go to the GJ forum where you usually post a "follow-up message"...right click & click paste in the "Optional Link URL" box. Then you must give it a name in the "Name of the Link" box.

If you are going to "Post a Message to the Forum" (this means you are creating the post ...not follow-up message on someone's else's post...then you must click "Review" after you type the body of your message ...then these 2 boxes will pop up: "Optional Link URL" & "Name of the Link"...so you do the same as above to add the info in these boxes.

Clear as mud, uh? Good luck! Jeanne S.

• marylee_2010
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Jeanne...Thank you for the info. I will print out your instructions and try it the next time I find something I think might be interesting. Thanks again.

Marylee

• decorate-celebrate
    12 years ago

I have read this forum for years and love it.
    So glad you enjoyed the article about garden fancies shown in BHG. My cousin and I have been doing these fancies for 4 years - well before the craze. They are the most fun and have made well over 500 of them. We love to recycle items of anykind.

• sorie6 zone 6b
    12 years ago

Those are ok but you folks that make them here make them prettier.

• luna_llena_feliz
    12 years ago

Great pieces! TFS Marylee! It's fun to see so many different interpretations of totems from clear cut glass ones to cute ceramic ones like the ones featured at that site. Great way to repurpose pieces that would otherwise never find a home.

• marylee_2010
    Original Author
    12 years ago

To decorate-celebrate...Are you the ladies who are featured in the article in BHG? If so, Welcome! Hope you continue to visit and post with us. If you are someone else, you are also Welcome!.. and hope you will continue to post. There are a lot of fun and interesting things on this forum. I think you would enjoy it. I know I do.

Marylee

• decorate-celebrate
    12 years ago

Hi Maylee 2010 - Yes- I am one of the two ladies that were featured in BHG and also last year in the Country Woman(Aug/Sept 2010). We really enjoy making the garden fancies. I have followed this forum for about 2 years. We have been making these for about 4 years but I also enjoy creative ideas. Thanks for saying HI.

• marylee_2010
    Original Author
    12 years ago

decorate-celebrate...Thank you for answering. After I posted, I felt a little foolish for thinking that might be you. Hope you will keep in touch and let us see what you are doing.

Marylee