Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What should I do with this birdcage

Posted by kylslil1 8b (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 7, 10 at 0:13

I went YS a couple weeks ago and picked up this cool greenish/bluish bird cage for .25. I was thinking I could hang it from the tree that hangs over my sea themed deck. I was wondering what you guys thought should go in it....I had thought for fun maybe to find a "parrotfish" and hang it in there.... What do y'all think?

New YardSale find

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What should I do with this birdcage

I think that sounds like a great idea. Can't wait to see it.

I love the birdcage and the color of it - sea-green.
-Sprout

o

Great idea! They are finding new species all the time!! Time for a parrotfish & will look great in that nifty green cage!!Jan

o

A parrotfish would be a riot in there! LOL
Go for it.

o

What a great buy! I love the color of it. Be sure to post a picture of your parrotfish when you get it done!

o

it's so pretty! I ove the parrotfish idea!!

o

Be sure to put some large shells in the bottom of
the cage----

o

LOVE the color of the cage and it is perfect to coordinate with your nautical themed furnishings, etc. Can't wait to see what you do with it...also like nona's idea of shells in the bottom, but you may want to drill a few holes in the bottom so it will drain well.

o

Beautiful colors on the cage! What a steal! Would look great with some Asparagus Fern in it...but a parrotfish is a wonderful idea...or even, just a colorful "parrot!" Mosaiced would even be cool, too! Have fun with this GJ art! Jeanne S.

o

Yep, love that color. I wonder if it might be brass underneath? A parrotfish would be cute. Or a colorful parrot, painted like that one made out of a tire that someone posted a picture of last week, but smaller. Hey, I wonder if you can make those things out of small tires? The birdage has nice cut outs on the bottom to hang sparkly dangly things from. Whatever you choose, have fun. What kind of rose in the big pot?

o

I think it would be cute to put some small branches and twigs in the bottom and put a ceramic bird in the middle. I would select a bird that would blend in so people would do a double take to see if it was real. Pier I is a good place to get the bird. I love the color of the cage as is.

o

I love the color of the cage,as is, too. I keep seeing a puffer fish in that cage, or maybe even just a bunch of big shells or some medium conch shells. Asparagus fern would definitely look like seaweed.
-Sprout

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here