Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
concrete adhesive for pebble mosaic

Posted by tricia257 5 (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 11, 10 at 0:29

Sorry if this is the wrong forum but there seems to be some discussion of pebble mosaics...
I'm new to this and I would like to do a direct method pebble mosaic and the book I have says to use a waterproof frostproof concrete basd adhesive to adhere the pebbles to the concrete base. I've gone to the local hardware stores and the guys there haven't been really helpful. Can anyone give me the specific name of something I could use. i'm doing a stepping stone but it won't get a lot of traffic. Thanks!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: concrete adhesive for pebble mosaic

If it wouldn't get a lot of traffic, I would use the GE Silicone II. I use it for everything & it's great!

o

Hi Tricia and welcome to GJ.

Not trying to run you off at all, but there is a mosaic forum over under the Homesite list if you want to check over there as well. Many of us post on both sites so someone who has a lot of experience with pebbles might see it here anyway. Then when you finish it, be sure to come back and show pictures.

I actually have the same question because I want do a pebble mosaic on my shed porch. So thanks for asking and I'll be watching the answers.

o

Hi Tricia~

Take a look at the this2that.com website...it's a website that tells you what kind of glue works best for certain mediums. Hope it will help you!

o

You want to look for Thinset. It's a cement based adhesive good for adhering stones or tiles. It comes in powder form and you mix it with water. You can get it at any home improvement store. The same workers who looked at you like you were nuts should know what it is. I had the same reaction when asking around for mosaic materials at a big box home improvement store.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here