Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
panama1_gw

score!

panama1
10 years ago

whelp, went to this guys moms house to see a horse he was giving away, as I was leaving, I noticed the gnomes, in the grown up weeds...umm whatcha gonna do with them?... his mom had past sometime back and his brother had the house, now he too had past... he said take em...
Yes!... 1 big concrete 1 and several med and smaller and several bird feeders , and 1 Arabian gelding later...I have some serious painting to do...and hubby has a new horse...lol

Comments (18)

• sunnyca_gw
    10 years ago

Wow! We want to see it all & the horse too!! You must be a true GJer to notice all that good garden stuff going to waste while intent on getting hubby a horse. PICs please!!!

• jlily
    10 years ago

WOW what a treasure you found. Wonderful! Please remember the pictures when you are through with them. Jlily

• oldcrafty
    10 years ago

LUCKY you!!! We want to see :))

• GeeMee2
    10 years ago

Agree that you are a sharp seeker of "junk" What a great find, now high five all of us and pass some luck:) looking forward to the pictures also, even before ones hint hint...

• mommyandme2
    10 years ago

I've come home with all kinds of junk over the years, but never came home with a horse. I don't think a horse would enjoy living on our patio !

• panama1
    Original Author
    10 years ago

lol...well we do have 4 1/2 acres for the 4 legged yard ornaments...

• corar4gw
    10 years ago

this dude was GIVING AWAY an Arab horse??Pure bred? Did he know wht he had? Sorry, I'm an Arabian horse fan and there was a time when I'd have given all I owned to have one of these beauties.

• panama1
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Yup giving it away....horse's owner died; guy didn't wanna mess with him... he thought it was a "saddle" horse.....there is no doubt he is arabian- dish face high plumbed tail an all.....I'm a qtr horse person and not used to those cheekbones but he is quite a sight running with that tail and head up! He is one of the "bigger" types about 14'3/15 hands....and very well trained western style even neckreins

• panama1
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Ps...its not unusual for me to get a call or someone comes up to me at work or drives up at home with the question"you wanna horse/horses they are free" I have done rescue in the past and am working on helping a palomino qtr horse mare get healthy right now.... this makes the 5th horse ive been given this year....

This post was edited by panama1 on Mon, Sep 2, 13 at 21:29

• concretenprimroses
    10 years ago

Wow. Good for you panama. Horses and gnomes. I too would love to see pics!
    Kathy

• panama1
    Original Author
    10 years ago

ok guys this is the Arabian....he needs a bit of weight, but not extreme...he has been wormed and is going to get a mani/pedi...lol

• sunnyca_gw
    10 years ago

Breaks my heart to see horses(or any other animal or human abused) He looks like a gentle horse & will be grateful for your care. I think they know, I know friends who have take in abused dogs & they were wonderful pets. This horse may be missing his owner too so feeling that loss if owner treated him right. Do you have to keep the horses apart?

• panama1
    Original Author
    10 years ago

oh, he's not separated from the other horses, he is now a big brother to the yearlings in the front pasture, (1 is mine ,1 is neighbors) he is gentle, but firm in his "im not going to be run over by yous babies" lol which is just what they needed, both colt and filly came here underweight, colt (blue roan) was way skinny....along with good health came a 'im gonna try and boss you attitude.... he is currently rectifying that attitude...lol

• sunnyca_gw
    10 years ago

Thanks for the pics!! Glad big bro. is there now to straighten the others out!! Then do you find homes for them or just increase # you have, you are probably almost a Vet by now getting them healthy!! Looks like white 1 is whispering to brown 1," looks like we got trouble here, he's bigger than us!" Jan

• panama1
    Original Author
    10 years ago

most times, I rehome them, as I have 2 permanent residents, my paint mare, simi (pic was just after weaning her colt )and the blue roan in pics above... since getting married in February, I have been on the hunt for a horse for my hubby, who is ok with my taking in needy animals as long as we are not loosing $$...which usually it is a break even thing... occasionally I will take a loss if the fit is right with the prospective owner...it is looking like the Arabian is going to be a permanent resident....he is a mans horse, and watches my hubby all the time he is in the yard.....

• ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    10 years ago

Omg what beautiful animals. Especially the paint! I was raised with horses on the farm and I really miss them.

• concretenprimroses
    10 years ago

Beautiful! And definitely ornamental! So glad yougot that Arabian for your dh.
    Kathy

• panama1
    Original Author
    10 years ago

thanks, guys for the compliments! I did have a palomino colt the spittin image of my mare, he was her colt, he passed in feb due to colic... the blue came in to my life to keep me active and keep me from depression...not my normal state, but losing him was like loosing a 4 legged young'un....

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting