Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Our First Silverware Windchime

Posted by kirkus WA (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 25, 09 at 0:36

My wife Carol and I made our first, silverware wind chime this week, using a little bell we found at a thrift store on our recent family vacation plus some little pieces of silverware I had collected. The bell and little silverware makes the wind chime sound very delicate in a breeze. Just wanted to share! Bear Hugs! Kirk

P.S. We made another silverware wind chime today! These things are addictive! I drill the holes and Carol wires the pieces as I hold it, and we decide together on the length of each piece. TEAM WORK! :o)

Silverware Wind Chime

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Our First Silverware Windchime

Awesome!!! I love silverware windchimes. Yours is cool! Great teamwork!

o

Very nice..

Tifani :)

o

Love the bell, Is it filigreed???sp? Looks lacy around the edge so maybe you didn't have to drill holes in it! Very nice!! Jan

o

Jan, GOOD OBSERVATION! The bell has little flowers drilled in it so we didn't have to drill it. :o) It was a GREAT find! Bear Hugs! Kirk

o

I love the bell! And I love how you used it for your windchime! Another perfect collaboration by the two of you. You make a perfect pair working together like you do.

~Micki~

o

Very nice!
kathy

o

LOVE this creation Kirk and Carol!! VERY pretty! So, tell me, how did you get your wires to look so perfect...any wiring techniques you can share?

o

Hi, Kirk,
I love your creation!
Can you tell what did you use to drill holes in silverware?
What wire did you use?

o

Briergardener, We used Softflex beading wire and silver crimping tubes. My wife likes to bead and likes this wire for our windchimes as it doesn't twist in the wind. I know other people use other kinds of wire or fishing line.

Nothing fancy in drilling. I used drill bits I bought in the clearance bin at the hardware store. The trick is to drill sloooow. I spray WD40 on the spot I'm drilling, put on some country music, and drill oh so slow. It's kind of relaxing.

Good Luck! You'll have fun! Bear Hugs! Kirk

o

hey kirk..... can u please help with how to drill a hole in the slvrwre, I have a dremel don't know what bit to use or how to keep from sliping.....yes I'm scared I might poke a hole in me LOL

o

i had issues with the drill jumping around also. my husband used clamps to secure the silverware. it worked well

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here