Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kirkus_gw

Butterflies

kirkus
12 years ago

Hi Everyone! Thank you for ALWAYS inspiring me! :o) These are my latest finds from a weekend of thrifting... cast iron butterflies that I placed on the wreath on the ladder trellis I made long ago. Enjoy! Bear Hugs! Kirk

{{gwi:173682}}

Comments (15)

• sunnyca_gw
    12 years ago

Love them & they really dress up the ladder & wreath! Jan

• tinfoilhat
    12 years ago

Oh thank you, thank you, thank you. I love this picture. You have been posting those beautiful water feature pictures that look so cool and refreshing surrounded by green vegetation and shade trees. When I go outside and look at my scorched sun baked bleached land I breakdown in uncontrollable sobs. {{gwi:140877}}
    The pump picture with the wagon wheel and evergreens with brilliant green new growth was almost the last straw. I grabbed a rope and went to hang myself but couldn't find a tree tall enough or strong enough. I ended up on my butt in the dust looking at a lizard whose first words were, "Hot enough for ya?"
    My wife found me 2 hours later sitting there mumbling Washington rain forest over and over.
    Rust and bleached wood is good, I can handle that. Love your other pictures but can you crop some of that green out of them for me? :)

• kirkus
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Ahhhh...tinfoilhat...your photos and creations always inspire me. You are a hoot! :o) Hope cooler weather is headed your way soon. We've had temperatures in the 80's lately with more to come...that is hot for us. :o) Stay cool! :o)

• concretenprimroses
    12 years ago

Love the iron butterflys (hey wasn't that a rock group in my youth? "Inagadda da vida .." or was that someone else)

Tinfoil hope you get some rain soon. I can see the beauty of where you live in your picture, but if I was sitting there hot and dry it might be another matter.

Kathy

• granny2anb
    12 years ago

The butterflies look great on the wreath. I love old weathered wood.

• sorie6 zone 6b
    12 years ago

You find the neatest things!! Thanks for inspiring the rest of us! I never find neat stuff like that at thrift stores or GS.

• rafor
    12 years ago

crete is right! My brother had that album, then I had it and now my son has it somewhere. It had a cool cover.

• marylee_2010
    12 years ago

Those butterflies are beautiful. You do have a knack for finding really great things. Thank you for sharing.

Marylee

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Love the iron butterflies...inspiring for me as I saw some 50% off at HLobby the other day (similiar) ones...they would be great on my 'Barnwood Blooms!' Kirk, you're motivating me to try to find time...(we're still working on siding the house)...anyway, your barrell pond pic has me re-vitalizing my old, old one! TFS! Jeanne S.

tinfoil ... "hang in there" (well, not literally!) Your 'back 40' is spectacular!!!

• nonacook
    12 years ago

Love the butterflies!
    And what you did with them!

Tinfoil, We all have our 'different' climates
    and have to deal with them. so as Jeanne says
    'Hang in there'!
    I love both your and Kirk's stuff!

• tasymo
    12 years ago

Thanks Folks! This thread really gave me a good chuckle. Did you know that the lyrics to Iron Butterfly's "Innagodanavida" were actually supposed to be "In the garden of Eden"? The vocalist was apparently a mumbler... Anyway, Kirk's garden does look like Eden, especially comprared to Tinfoil's backyard! Love the original Iron Butterfly, and yours as well, Kirkus!!

• rock_oak_deer
    12 years ago

That's a beautiful wreath and all your projects are very inspiring!

Tinfoilhat - You are too funny! Time to head for the mountains or something. In January you can post pictures of projects you're working on outside and everyone will want to move to AZ.

Hang in there? "Only" six more weeks until we start to cool off.

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

Beautiful butterflies Kirk! Always love your projects!

Tinfoil...I'm so sorry that the green and water almost drove you mad.....I can identify with the heat though...been triple digits here and unbearable humidity....I'm looking forward to any temperature below 90! Fall is just around the corner my friend...

• laurastheme
    12 years ago

Kirk, I'm so envious of all the wonderful things you find. And what you do with them. Rust is so good.

http://daydreamsdustbunnies.blogspot.com/

• shpnquen
    12 years ago

Very cute butterflies Kirk and they look like they just belong there! I have one intricately cut one that I found at a flea market and it sits on top of a rock in one of my gardens. I just love butterflies....

Sponsored
Uncommon Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Turnkey Interior Design Studio in Loudoun County, VA