Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Garage Sale Finds

Posted by kirkus (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 9, 11 at 0:47

Hi Everyone! Our little town had a community-wide garage sale this past weekend...over 70 garage sales throughout the town! Our family had so much fun but we were soooo pooped afterwards! :o) We met some of the nicest people. One couple gave me boxes and boxes of ceramic tiles which I'll use for Mother's Day presents in my classroom. :o) Here are just a few of our finds. WHAT FUN! Bear Hugs! Kirk

A cast iron frog for my barrel pond:

Photobucket

A fired clay pig for my potting bench...The little bottle is for a bottle windchime I'm making. I shared how I used the cast iron butterflies in a wreath:

Photobucket

A cast iron birdbath:

Photobucket

Some jars and a lid for a windchime:

Photobucket

A cool bird (50 cents!):

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Garage Sale Finds

Sounds like you and yours had a blast! What great treasures! Love the iron pieces and the bird figurine too!

o

You found wonderful buys. I love them. The frog looks so like "Campbell". Thank you for sharing.

Marylee

o

What a haul. Sounds like you had a good time.

o

Great stuff! Love those butterflies! Frog is neat too! Will look forward to seeing what you make with the jars(I'm thinking they would break as wind chimes so have to see finished product!) Jan

o

Jan, Just the blue metal lid is for a windchime. :o) The jars will be used for storing things. Carol will make a soy candle in the clear small jar. :o) My wording did make it sound like I was using the big jars for windchimes. Ooops! One big wind and they would be gone. :o)

o

A town near us has a town wide yard sales with a map, which I missed this year. It is sooo much fun.

You got some great things!
Kathy

o

I'm a teacher too - 3rd grade. This will be my second year teaching the younger ones; I taught 5th for 8 years. How will you use the tiles for Mother's Day gifts?

o

Sounds like such a fun day for your family. I hope the kids found some 'treasures' too. You really scored on the cast iron stuff. WOW.

I may have to hitch ride with Tinfoil and head your way.
This is the perfect time of year to get the heck out of
Dodge (I mean Phoenix). Its like living in an oven and
nothing fun to do outside.

hugs, Karen

o

Great pickins', Kirk! I love cast iron stuff esp...like the rust & like it painted...so however it turns out, it always looks good to me! I think DH & I would LOVE to go GS'ing & TS'ing in your neck of the woods! LOL! TFS! Jeanne S.

o

I love that lid for your windchime. Can't wait to see how that turns out! You do know how to find the good stuff, don't you?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here