Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kirkus_gw

Bird Feeder Post

kirkus
13 years ago

I found this metal doo-dad at a country rummage sale for $1... painted it brown and placed it on top of the birdfeeder post I made.

{{gwi:173803}}

The wood I used to make the bird feeder station is all recycled...wood left behind when we had our house built. (The post was used by the builders to mark our address.) I added an old enamelware pan for seed, drilling holes in the bottom for drainage. All of the feeders came from garage sales and thrift stores. (I did buy the thistle bag.) I love the blue, hummingbird feeder...$1. A great find! Enjoy.

Bear Hugs! Kirk

{{gwi:173806}}

Comments (10)

• luna_llena_feliz
    13 years ago

The finial looks great on top of your post. You really did find a great deal with that hummingbird feeder! It is very pretty. I might have to try something like this in our new yard because we don't have any trees to hang feeders from. Thanks for the great idea!

• kirkus
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Ooops! LOL I just noticed bird poop on my post in the picture. Should've caught that before I posted it! LOL The birds really like the bird feeding station!

I received some e-mails about the wooden post. I can't take credit for the idea. Found the idea on line. The attached link shows 2 versions of the post (just click on the pages). Hope that helps. :o)

Bear Hugs! Kirk

Here is a link that might be useful: Post

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Oh, I love it! Just love having a place for the birds to hang out! The post is great & the finial makes a gorgeous topper! I am in envy of the "blue" hummingbird feeder! Love the "setting" with your pines! TFS! Jeanne s.

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Kirk, I was digging out birdfdrs & stuff for Spring...& guess what! I said above that I envied your blue hummingbird fdr...& in Sept '10, we vacationed in MN & DH had me choose one for my b'day...so I have a blue etched glass bottle hummingbird fdr...will be hanging it out in the arbor in a couple wks so I'll post a pic. Just kind of smilin' here after reading your post above.

I was looking for your cobalt blue birdbath (& found your post) cause I scored 2 diff cobalt blue vases today! I'm saving up for 1 like you & Carol did! Jeanne S.

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Kirk, the bird poop in the picture just shows us that your birds love your feeder too. LOL.

What a wonderful feeding station you've made for them. I love how you've done it.

hugs, Karen

• Crafty Gardener
    12 years ago

I believe your doo-dad is supposed to be a pineapple Kirk. They were used as welcome symbols, dating back to Christopher Columbus so you have put it in a very appropriate place to welcome the birds to your lovely feeder pole.

Here is a link that might be useful: pineapple as symbol of hospitality

• concretenprimroses
    12 years ago

I love the finial on your charming rustic feeding station.
    You were lucky to find a metal one, I've just see concrete and plaster.
    Kathy

• annzgw
    12 years ago

Thanks so much for sharing the photo of your feeding station! Love it!
    I've been searching all morning for ideas of something natural to replace the pathetic metal feeder outside my kitchen window.

• daisydal
    12 years ago

its lovely, Kirk!!! :)

• nmgirl
    12 years ago

Nice topper! I think it's a pinecone.
    Bird poop is just our avian friend's seal of approval.