Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Before & After 'Shroom Birdbath' Vignette in the Pines

Posted by jeannespines 4 (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 25, 11 at 0:54

On Sun. I posted a few pics of "A Little Garden Junk..." ...here's the before pic of the 'Shroom Birdbath that I got for $20:

Cement Birdbath Before 8.11

I got it painted today ... I used Rusteoleum spray paints in 3 colors & am happy w/the results...now time can work away at the paints:

Shroom Birdbath "After" 8.11

It's very heavy so DH had to help me lift the top back on again! LOL! (this is a permanent location now!)

I worked w/some stumps of wood I had out there & added a couple of the cement 'shrooms DH & I have been creating for Farmer's Mrkt. And note, there are real mushrooms on the logs, too!
Shroom Birdbath Stumps 8.11

Added a few Curly Willow sticks around the birdhse post ...this is still a WIP...

Shroom Birdbath Vignette 8.11

In this Secret Garden area I can sit in my swing in the Pines & look across at the birdhouses & this 'Shroom. Here's my dog taking a break w/me in the swing...ckg. out the 'Shroom vignette!

'Shroom Birdbath Nellie Viewing 8.11

Kind of hot & humid today ...but now some cool air has moved in again late this afternoon. TFLookin'! Jeanne S.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Before & After 'Shroom Birdbath' Vignette in the Pines

Dog is so cute & I think I can read his/her mind."What's she going to do next!" Love the dog's expression, but hey, 1 more place to explore & maybe some birds will visit that lovely birdbath & he can lazily ?(is that a word?) watch them. The curly willow are neat & can't wait to see the finished vignette! Jan

o

Wonderful, Jeanne. I really like the paint job on the birdbath! Wish I could join you and your dog in the swing.

hugs, Karen

o

What a lovely area, and the real mushrooms make it all coordinate so nicely. I love the colors you chose for the birdbath, it brightened it up and blends in all at the same time.

o

Looks great!!!

o

Wonderful secret garden. Great color choices on the mushroom which I am now even more jealous of.
Kathy

o

Jeanne...Everything is wonderful. I would love to live in an area like yours. It looks so peaceful. Guess I'll just keep enjoying your pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Marylee

o

Looks like it's always been there Jeanne...so peaceful! Love the way the Shroom turned out...great painting skills there.

Doggy looks very happy to be there with you as well.

o

That looks so "fantasy like " . Simply awesome !!!

PS - Love your dog :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here