Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Desert Tortoises

Posted by tinfoilhat AZ (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 22, 14 at 1:25

Bastogne the Desert Tortoise
Made from nuts, gears, pipe, excavator bucket tooth, and RR spikes. Shell is 18" in diameter.
Bastogne the Desert Tortoise photo   <BR>DSC01589_zpsbba8c8a4.jpg

Second Lieutenant Clutch Pressure Plate
Made from pressure plate, excavator bucket tooth, and RR spikes. Shell is 14" in diameter.
Desert Tortoise photo DSC01588_zpsf617a3cd.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Desert Tortoises

I love your tortoises, especially the top one! You are a talented welder!

o

like!

o

The top 1 is really a "work of art" love it.2nd lt. looks like he likes to hid out & take it easy, perhaps he's retired! Neat to see the great things you have been making!! Jan

o

My son is wild about tortoises. We have a few tortoise-themed garden items, but nothing as cool as those. I'd love to have one, but I suppose the shipping wouldn't be worth it.

They are very cool and I really like the idea of recycling.

o

Great job on the tortoises! LOVE the first one's shell...that's a lot of welding, but it turned out beautifully!

o

Very nice. Bet they would sell on eBay.

o

After talking to my critters as they take shape on my welding table they are like family or at least good friends. I would have a hard time selling them.
Shipping would also probably cost a bit. The top one weighs 40 pounds and the bottom one 32 pounds.

o

These are really great!

o

All I can say is....WOW!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here