Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What would you do with this wood post?

Posted by kirkus WA (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 24, 10 at 1:52

I found this wood post at a rummage sale. $2! How could I pass it up? LOL It's the end of summer...I start back to teaching in 2 weeks. Wah! :o) Anyway, my creative juices have now sloooowed down. So...what would you do with this wood post if you were to use it in your gardens? I would love any ideas from a creative bunch of garden junkers! Thanks for any ideas! Bear Hugs! Kirk

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What would you do with this wood post?

I liked your other bird feeder, maybe you can make this one a feeder too. ORRRR a hummingbird feeder with arms to hang the feeders on, I love when my hummungbirds all try and get their sugar water at the same time and they buzz all over me. Maybe you can drill some holes on top to put some of those sparklers in, it would than become a BLING HUMMINGBIRD FEEDER. It is almost 2 am, got to go nite nite
NanaGrandma Sylvia

o

Great ideas, Sylvia! Love the hummingbird feeder idea. The post looks large in the picture but is only 4 feet tall which limits me some for feeders. It's after 4 a.m. here...woke up thinking about this project! LOL Thanks for the ideas! Bear Hugs! Kirk

o

A mini bottle tree. It would be very symmetrical and you could use small bottles.

Scroll down to the agave picture to see one in the link below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pam's bottle tree

o

I have been looking for a similar post to make a gardening angel to put on a piece of 8-foot rebar on my slope garden. I would add various suitable pieces of iron work for the wings, halo, hair. etc., half-round wood trim for arms. That's what "I" would do.
-Sprout

o

Drill hole in top to hold a two-sided clock, I have one in my yard, on the shed, saves steps, do not wear a watch.

Then add a coat hook on the side, the days are coming when you will wear a light coat to garden in and once you get going it gets too hot and off comes the coat. Unless it is going to rain you could leave a coat and hat on the hook for the next time you go out in the garden and there is a chill in the air. A second hook could hold small garden tools or a tool pouch.

I'm thinking

Betty

o

What great ideas!!! I knew I could count on my creative garden junk friends to inspire me!!! Bear Hugs! Kirk

o

I have a similar one by my front walk that has a decorative bird on top, then a birdfeeder attached to the side...the saucer type of feeder rather than the tube type. Whatever you come up with, I'm sure it will be great!

o

Get some heavy duty springs from farm or auto junk sales and dangle blue bottles and tractor junk like brake pads or even tools from the springs to bounce in the breeze

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here