Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fishness

Posted by r_murray 5 (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 4, 10 at 2:02

A neighbor of mine, who trims trees (sly garden reference)gave me this old chainsaw blade. Soooooooooooooo, you know me well enough by now. . .

Fishness

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fishness

Fabulous- Amazing how some junkers, er, artists can look at a piece and see something more in it. Great job!!
-Sprout

o

Awesome, Robert! Candlestick for base? Spray painted? What are the fish scales made of? Faucet for tail? Love the saw blades for fins & body of fish! Ahh, mouth is perfect! You have an great eye for creating junk art!!! Love it! Great recycling! TFS! Jeanne S.

o

hee hee hee...it's awesome!! and guess what else was in my wheelbarrow o junk? Chain saw blades!!!!

o

Thank you all for being a part of this dynamic forum; a positive place for me to showcase what goes on inside my head.

Jeanne for you, a list of the secret ingredient for Fishness (and oh, how close you were).
1: the body, a chainsaw bar of course.
2: the gill fin, a section of that fold-up vegetable steamer
3: the base, from a silver-plated candlestick.
4: the fins, an old saw blade
5: the tail, (and I noticed the question marks) was the bracket that held the blade on an old ceiling fan.
6: yes it is painted. I used to paint much of my weirdness but was discouraged by spectator comments. Now I do what "feels" in the moment and thats all. It makes for a happier Robert.
If you mean for scales the row of white dots they are painted on by dipping a Q-tip in white paint instead of using a brush. A second effect can be had if the cotton is removed and the hollow stem is used; it makes a neat little circle.

o

Robert, I LOVE the fish! I like the way you have mounted on the stand, makes it much more cool than just hanging from a nail. I enjoyed guessing the parts, too, the tail I knew I'd seen it somewhere, couldn't place it. Ceiling fan, of course, lol!
I second using Qtips to paint with. Very handy.
Been enjoying your other critters, too. Thanks for posting.

o

LOVE IT! I'm so glad to see your projects popping back up on here!!!

o

I see a weathervane...

o

Very Cool! Love it! My Dad used to make knives out of chainsaw blades (good steel)but i love what you have done!! Born and Raised on an Island, I LOVE fish stuff!!!heh heh!

o

Is that a salmon or a barracuda?

o

I love that! What a good job. That's turning junk into art for sure.

o

Oh wow....I would love something like that for my sea bed! Old chainsaw blades swimming in my bed...love it, love it, love it!

o

Totally awesome, Robert! You are amazing! I love primitive art and your pieces are some of the best. I love this musky ... or is it a sturgeon? You did a great job painting it. Keep those wonderful sculptures coming!

o

Thanks, for sharing the parts list & how to's! Just a really NEAT pc of art! Jeanne s.

o

Great job tho you should have a hook in his mouth with fishing line broke off & sign saying"the 1 that got away" or "yes, I did catch it" LOL. Jan

o

Robert, I sure have missed you! But you are back with a big load of creativity to WOW us with!
Only problem is I'm running out of words for how cool I think your stuff is. LOL.

hugs, Karen

o

Karen, the main thing is that you guys enjoy the art.

I know I do enjoy making them.

nice ideas - Jan

Robert

o

Wonderful, I love it.
Is it a salmon? or a pike? Come, what was your inspiration fish! You've told us everything else, for which I thank you.
Kathy

o

Robert! I have missed you and your creations...been out of town for a week, so I'm just catching up on these! LOVE the fish! I am definitely going to have to share this with DH!

o

Robert - I can't imagine the mass amount of doo-dads you have to play with !!! I LOVE your fish !!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here