Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luna_llena_feliz

Incredible Junk Art

luna_llena_feliz
13 years ago

This guy reminds me of our own Robert Murray but on a much bigger scale! Australian artist James Corbett makes some wonderful pieces out of old car parts. I love the animals but I also admire the vehicle sculptures that appear to be moving.

You can look through the gallery but clicking on an arrow that appears on the right side of the picture.

Here is a link that might be useful: Australian Artist James Corbett

Comments (14)

• indylisa
    13 years ago

pretty cool!!!!

• garden2garden
    13 years ago

Wow. I have been to the scrap yard but I never really thought about all the junk in old cars and the endless possibilities for art. How incredibly imaginative and talented. He must really work at it. It would take a long time, I would think just to do one of those, look at the detail! And everyhing os so clean and polished. It would be work just to clean it all up, car junk doesn't come that way. My connection keeps shutting off today, so I'm still looking at the pictures, haven't gotten to the ones that look like they're moving yet. TFS, Luna, just what I needed with my 2nd cup this a.m.
    Donna

• nonacook
    13 years ago

Awesome junk sculpture!!!!!
    Thanks for sharing. I clicked on some of the other
    galleries there and saw some neat UK butterflies too.

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

It's always amazing to me how artists can be so creative and their objects look so life like made from "junk". Thanks for sharing the site...he's certainly a great artist.

• bluestar_tam
    13 years ago

WOW! I really want to learn how to weld. I think that would be so awesome to make stuff like that! Thanks for sharing, Luna!

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Amazing, Luna! I always enjoy seeing an artist who recycles & making a living at it also is a bonus! TFS this site...my fav is the ram...can't imagine what a pc must cost when it takes him an avg of 2 wks per art pc...just amazing! Jeanne S.

• greensuzq
    13 years ago

That is so cool. What an imagination to see what you are putting together. Thanks for sharing.

• toomuchglass
    13 years ago

I'm in AWE !!!!!!! I would sure love to dumpster dive in his yard !!

• shpnquen
    13 years ago

Amazing ~ truly amazing!!!

• joannpalmyra
    13 years ago

WOW! I am amazed. What talent and courage he must possess to create in that way.
    And he's kind of adorable. :D
    ~JoAnn

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

Great art! Can't imagine getting a piece done in 2 weeks! I used to sit & talk to my dad while he was cleaning car parts to repair 1 of the cars,theirs or 4 bros. It took a long time cleaning it with gasoline & rag (don't recommend it hard on the lungs). Loved the duck?? one, almost like a boat. Thanks Luna! Jan

• spedigrees z4VT
    13 years ago

That man certainly has the eye for creating life-like critters! The spark plug sheep is my favorite, although all his sculptures are incredible. The detail on the feet and claws is amazing.

Thanks for posting this article and photo show.

I took a welding course long ago at the adult education center, but never bought the equipment. Some day perhaps!

• concretenprimroses
    13 years ago

Wow! TSF.
    I like the ram best too.
    Incredible, tho, all of it.
    Kathy

• luna_llena_feliz
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I'm glad everyone enjoyed it as much as I did! I got the pictures of his sculptures in an email. There was no mention of his name or where he was from. But when I'm determined, I find what I'm looking for! lol! It took some looking but I finally found the artist and then that site.

I think my favorites are the squirrel and the scottie dog. But I like the ram, the other dog, the kangaroos and the boar too. The vehicles were pretty awesome too. (Heck, he's pretty cute too. lol!)

Sponsored
HEMAX Construction Services & Landscaping, LLC
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars34 Reviews
Innovative & Creative Landscape Contractors Servicing VA