Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Love Birds

Posted by tinfoilhat AZ (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 18, 14 at 3:03

I was going to make a bright green warm and fuzzy set of lovebirds. Let my 90's sensitive guy out to build something.
As I started fabricating and laying out the pieces on my welding table my tinfoil hat started picking up Mexican soap operas out of Nogales Mexico. Monday nurse Elena completed her seduction of married Dr. Martinez and an unplanned piece of barbed wire found its way into my design.
As the world turned and the days of their lives reverberated in my tinfoil hat, the lies, evil schemes, and hurtful words added more barbed wire where none had been planned. I decided to push back. If I couldn't keep the barbed wire out I could take the sting out of it with a comical paint job. All white with little red hearts would blunt their cruelty. A bouquet of flowers. Love would prevail. I was a man with a plan.
Friday Teresa left her husband and family and ran off with a millionaire Argentine playboy. I was crushed. The new paint job is never to be and the flowers have faded. Every rust spot, nick, scrape, scar and barb are there for all the world to see.

7 feet tall and 7 and a half feet wide. Made with tire rims, rebar, and barbed wire. Lots of barbed wire.

photo LoveBirds1_zps9e94bc1c.jpg

photo LoveBirds2_zpsa85b0be2.jpg

photo LoveBirds3_zps22db08f2.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Love Birds

And who said, "love hurts"
I absolutely love the birds.
Really sharp.
Karen

o

Amazing as always TFH. I am so impressed with your artistry.

o

WOW!! "Made with tire rims, rebar, and barbed wire. Lots of barbed wire". Also made with incredible talent, a good dose of humor, and a beautiful love story!

o

Wow with all the misery you had to endure making your lovebirds I can see why you made them so "unapproachable:"! But love rules as I can tell by her eyes & those hearts, she hasn't given up!! Keep us updated on the soaps!~.~ Jan

o

These are so cute. Your talent amazes me. At first I thought it was one object. Then I saw the 2 birds.

o

Amazing creativity as always................and the story is a hoot!

o

This is great! I will stay tuned to see if the nicks and scrapes send you to the General Hospital!

o

Neat

o

Oh yeah these will look very festive out by the waters edge!
Great work as always! You disappear on us then surprise us with this lovely love story! What else have you been holding out on us?

o

Bravo!!! You are truly amazing!! LOVE the birds and the story is true genius. So much welding.....your hands must be tired.

o

Wow!
Those are amazing.
Kathy

o

Like the birds AND your story!!!!!!

o

You are very talented! Enjoyed your story too. :)

o

When I see your name as the OP I grin, knowing 'this is going to be fun'. Think this is my fave of all.

o

Beautiful!

o

I LOVE those!!! :0)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here