Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tinfoilhat

Love Birds

tinfoilhat
9 years ago

I was going to make a bright green warm and fuzzy set of lovebirds. Let my 90's sensitive guy out to build something.
As I started fabricating and laying out the pieces on my welding table my tinfoil hat started picking up Mexican soap operas out of Nogales Mexico. Monday nurse Elena completed her seduction of married Dr. Martinez and an unplanned piece of barbed wire found its way into my design.
As the world turned and the days of their lives reverberated in my tinfoil hat, the lies, evil schemes, and hurtful words added more barbed wire where none had been planned. I decided to push back. If I couldn't keep the barbed wire out I could take the sting out of it with a comical paint job. All white with little red hearts would blunt their cruelty. A bouquet of flowers. Love would prevail. I was a man with a plan.
Friday Teresa left her husband and family and ran off with a millionaire Argentine playboy. I was crushed. The new paint job is never to be and the flowers have faded. Every rust spot, nick, scrape, scar and barb are there for all the world to see.

7 feet tall and 7 and a half feet wide. Made with tire rims, rebar, and barbed wire. Lots of barbed wire.

{{gwi:174920}}

{{gwi:174921}}

{{gwi:174923}}

Comments (18)