Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Penny Bowling Balls

Posted by nursemaid4 P'cola, FL (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 22, 09 at 3:56

I've read that copper colored Liquid Nails is best for gluing pennies to BBs. I've searched several stores and cannot find any. Does anyone know who sells it?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Penny Bowling Balls

Sorry I can't help but I just used GE Silicone II and it has held up fine outdoors.

Donna in Florida

o

The first 2 BBs I ever made, I used Liquid Nail brand 100% silicone and all the marbles (glass globs) fell off.

o

Nursemaid,

I've never heard of the copper colored Liquid Nails. I used GE Silicone II clear (I think mine is door and window) and it's been outside for about 4 years now. IT's all still holding up really well. I sprayed my BB with a green (verdigris color) car paint and then two layers of pennies. I know my Mom used to use the liquid nails. Sometimes it worked--but not always. I really don't know the trick with the LN. Whatever you do make sure you use just enough so it don't ooze out from behind the pennies.
Let us know what you finally use and show off a picture of your completed Penny BB!
Love, Jules

o

i used clear silicone for all my bowling ball/gazing balls and they're all holding up great. I do need to bleach them once or twice a year,though; but I live in the very hot and humid south. I used one layer of pennies, then got impatient for the green patina and sponged it with vinegar and salt for instant aging.

o

I'll stick with the GE II then. Thanks everyone :)

Donna

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here