Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rosepetal2

Need directions for a running water faucet/fountain

rosepetal2
18 years ago

Does anyone have the directions for a fountain that looks like water running from a faucet (the faucet looks like it is suspended in the air) I had them and gave my copy to my sister who has misplaced them. I've searched the web and can't find directions just pics of the water feature. I know it's made with a clear acrylic tube attached to the faucet, with holes drilled into it that makes it look like it's running from the faucet (bottom is attached to the pump) but I need more info on where to drill the holes and the size bit to use. Thanks in advance. Rosie

Comments (21)

• desertrat1
    18 years ago

Rosepetal,

Here's what My MIL, who made one did:

"I didn't drill holes in the tubing. You want to have the tubing fit right up into the faucet. Then when the pump pumps the water up the tube it spills over the tube inside the faucet and slides back down the outside of the tube making it look like the faucet is turned on. Hope that is a help.
    By the way you need to use rigid plastic tubing, not flexible."

I was trying to get you a picture of hers that she had sent me when she had done hers in 2004, but I cannot find it and she doesn't have one cause her computer crashed a few monthes ago and lost her previously taken pictures. Sorry, :-(

Hope this helps though.

Take a picture when yours is done and show it off.

Love, Jules

• nonacook
    18 years ago
  • jean_mi_z5
    18 years ago

I have made these fountains. I put together a site with a few directions.

Jean

Here is a link that might be useful: suspended faucet

• yardnut_z8
    18 years ago

thanks Jean,
    I saw one at the fair one year. how is it attached in the bucket
    Yardnut

• rosepetal2
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thanks for the quick responses. I'll experiment and see what happens. Rosie

• jean_mi_z5
    18 years ago

Yardnut..

The pump just sits on the bottom of the bucket by the suction cups on the bottom of the pump. You can also pile some stones around the pump to stabelize it. I have one in a watering can. Hubby drilled a hole toward the top of the bucket for the cord to run through....Also have one in a old coffee pot..cord just come out the top....

• husky004_
    18 years ago

try doing a google search for floating faucet or faux floating faucet

• neetsiepie
    18 years ago

Thanks for the pix and instructions Jean. I'm trying to figure out how to get water to flow to teapots on stakes that I make and this might give me an idea of what to do!

• naturenut5
    18 years ago

Oh my gosh, that is SO neat! I've never seen them just standing on 'water' like that before just like they're suspended in mid air.

Val

• desertrat1
    18 years ago

Rosepetal,

Ok, I found the picture of my MIL's running spigot fountain. Hope you have been able to make yours.

Love, Jules

Here is a link that might be useful: Spigot Running Fountain

• yardnut_z8
    18 years ago

Hi Jean,
    I collected my faucit, local hardwear store had a 1/2
    price sale I got a 30.00 pump for 15.oo.found a wash tub
    at AC Moores.the tubing I looked everywhere, the bird
    pet shop had 1" tubing but I needed 1/2" so I went back
    and ask if she could order it for me. she said yes.
    when I went back she had forgot to order. still waiting
    Yardnut

• desertrat1
    18 years ago

Rose petal,

I am so sorry about that picture. I really thought that I had uploaded the correct picture and not the whole darn album itself. You can use that link and hit enter, and scroll down to picture 99....OR here's the correct link.

Enjoy without frustration.
    Love, Jules

Here is a link that might be useful: Spigot Running Faucet Fountain

• rosepetal2
    Original Author
    18 years ago

thanks everyone. It's still on my to do list.....like so many other projects....supplies aren't always as easy to find here in England.......makes me homesick for USA.

• finedonna
    18 years ago

I made a fountain but I am having trouble with water flow because of the end of the spigot. It is larger than 1/2 inch tubing and then inside the spigot it narrows down to a much smaller hole. I had to put a dowel in that smaller hole and then attach tubing to that. The spigot end is so shallow the holes were showing so I had to buy an extender for the spigot. I hope someone understand all this.
    Jean, does the epoxy putty help the tube fit in the spigot and I was confused by the screening you mentioned. How is that used? Do I need to shop for another spigot. This one was just bought in Lowes. Thanks for any help.
    Donna

• buck89015
    18 years ago

My name is Gaylon Buck and I am the owner of Fantasy Fountains LLC in Henderson Nevada.
    We make and ship our fountains around the World.
    Unlike most...we do not drill any holes in the tube.We do however use a higher voluum pump and a smaller diameter tube, (3/8' instead of 1/2'), which creates a faster more powerful flow.
    www.indoorfountains4u.com
    www.indoorfountains4u.net

Here is a link that might be useful: Fantasy Fountains LLC

• katladie
    18 years ago

Do you use a re-circulating pump or a regular pump?

Sharon

• wildbill2
    17 years ago

Have the water bucket, pump, plastic tubing and spigot. Can't figure out how to attach the plastic tubing to the spigot and have the water follow the tube. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

Please email instructions to gw_urban@yahoo.com

• mustafa
    17 years ago

i am in hopes that someone can help me. i need directions for a floating faucet fountain. i have found a pump and old watering can, a brass faucet.. yet to find the clear plastic tubing (wow where does one find that? ) sooo..all i need now is directions and an idea where to find the plastic tubing.
    thanks in advance for any help !!

• littliemudpie
    16 years ago

I am looking for a large-8' to 10'- outdoor floating faucet. If anyone knows where I can get one I would appreciate that information. Thank you.

• buck89015
    16 years ago

I own Fantasy Fountains here in Henderson Nevada.
    I have in my stock, 1/2" and 3/8" clear plastic tubing.
    702-565-3514
    I ship Worldwide.

• mdunkin
    16 years ago

Does it require electrical power? I ask because I don't have any electrical outlets outside. Second, how often before changing the water? Is it gravity making the water go up and down the tube?

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH