Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sorie6

War eagle Ark. craft show

sorie6 zone 6b
12 years ago

Does anyone here go to this? I need some info. on it. We're going this yr. TIA.

Comments (5)

• mosswitch
    12 years ago

We've been to War Eagle many times, usually called War Eagle weekend as there are a lot of shows all over NW Arkansas that weekend.

If you go to War Eagle Mill, where the War Eagle show is held, go very early to get in line to get into the grounds (daybreak at the very latest) as there will be long car lines on that two lane road that leads there. I can remember taking an hour or more just to get into the grounds once you turn off the highway onto the road. Wear comfortable shoes as there will be a lot of walking, carry a bag or a collapsible cart to haul your purchases in and plan to return to your car often to take things you don't want to carry.

I always take cash when I go. But keep in mind that you need to keep any money or credit cards on your person and/or carry a secure purse that can't be picked or stolen. Carry a thermos or bottled water, you'll need it as you won't want to pay the price for it at the concessions.

I usually try to go to the other shows rather than War Eagle itself because it's such a hassle to get in and out and is so crowded, but if it's your first trip, go for it! Quite an experience!

If you google War Eagle you can get a lot of info but here are a couple of links.

http://www.wareaglemill.com/fair.html

http://nwacraftfairs.com/

Sandy

• sorie6 zone 6b
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Sandy thank you!! Maybe we will do the other shows instead. DH is on oxygen so doesn't sound like such a good idea. He's also not very good at being in line an hour or more!! I'll check out the rest of the fairs. Thanks again.

• mosswitch
    12 years ago

You are welcome! If you do decide after all to go to War Eagle, remember that it is in October and can be rainy, in which case the parking lot will be a sea of mud, so I would avoid it if it rains. I haven't been there for a couple of years, but I'm pretty sure they haven't paved that field! The other shows aren't nearly as bad, and parking/access is easier.

There are so many good shows that missing War Eagle itself isn't a disaster. You can't take them all in in one day, anyway. You would have to spend the whole weekend going from one to the next, even tho they are pretty close together, there is so much to see.

Pick up a craft show map or guide map at the Arkansas Visitor's Center in Bella Vista, or I am sure you can get one most anywhere in NW Arkansas before the shows. You can probably download one on line also.

• sorie6 zone 6b
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Can you tell me where you stayed? Are the prices at the hotels more expensive at this time of year?
    We would love to stay on the lake in a cabin but afraid if will be to expensive. Any ideas? Thanks. You can email me direct it's in my page.

• mosswitch
    12 years ago

Sorry, I'm afraid I don't know much about places to stay in NW Arkansas, we only live an hour away from there in Missouri, and when we do stay somewhere overnight we camp out in our Airstream at a state park.

There are a lot of cabins on Beaver Lake, tho, and on Table Rock Lake across the state line in Missouri, both about an hour away. I'm sure you can get information from the Chamber of Commerce in Bella Vista, Springdale, Fayetteville or Rogers. But I would start looking now before everything gets booked up!

Sponsored