Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mary2010_gw

Totem Fever 3!!!

mary2010
13 years ago

Thanks for all the positive . . . and some not so positive (lol) on my totems. They continue to inspire me. Here are my new creations this week. Both are already sold as special orders. Hope to whip up a couple more this week.

{{gwi:175749}}

{{gwi:175750}}

Comments (20)

• bluestar_tam
    13 years ago

I love your stuff! It has a very "Alice in Wonderland" feel to it. Very cute!

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

You sure have some interesting pieces to work with, out here most of the nice stuff is sold to antique dealers,I think, as it would take months to get even a teapot like ones you use. Really a lovely piece of garden whimsy! Jan

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Good for you, Mary! Love the color combos& patterns ... & the lines & textures of the plates in the 2nd one, too! Nice work! TFS! Jeanne S.

• rock_oak_deer
    13 years ago

Those are delightful and so charming. Congratulations on selling them too.

Your garden looks lovely as well.

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

Great job! I LOVE the cheerfulness and the brightness of your totems...they do evoke a fairytale type of feeling. So glad you were able to sell them...love all of the different styles of ceramics you use too!

• Crafty Gardener
    13 years ago

I love your tea totems, very wonderlandish!

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

Those are incredible. They remind me of layered birthday cakes or wedding cakes. Where do you find all that lovely ceramic ware? Great job, thanks for the pictures.
    Frou

• pondgal
    13 years ago

Love'em

• bverste
    13 years ago

Ditto to everyone's comments and question. I love your choices, where do you find them? have you been saving pieces for awhile? Glad you didn't let one persons negativity affect you. Bev

• sprout_wi
    13 years ago

OK, Mary, inquiring minds want to know where you find so many pieces in the same style. They are very 'Alice in Wonderland' or 'Mary Emmerling'. Just lovely!! Thanks-
    -Sprout

• Deb Kozuszek
    13 years ago

Really cute!!

• luna_llena_feliz
    13 years ago

Your pretty pieces are very Mary Engelbreitish! I love the color and prints. I will have to look for some similar pieces around here.

• sprout_wi
    13 years ago

oops! I meant Mary Engelbreit - not Mary Emmerling. So cute!! I do recognize the Fiesta ware.

• laurastheme
    13 years ago

GORGEOUS! And so original.

• mary2010
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Ok, for all the inquiring minds out there . . . I find my pieces at local thrift stores - mainly Goodwill's around the area. I'm fortunate that there are several in my area and I hit them on a weekly basis. The teapots are the hardest to find, but I can usually score one each week. So glad everyone enjoys them. I'm having a ball creating them.

• cait1
    13 years ago

STUNNING! I have never seen a colorful teapots in any thrift store here, and colored plates are near impossible to find. I'm being extremely nosey so if you don't want to say I'll understand, but how much did you sell them for? I do hope you got a good price as they are worth it.

• mary2010
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hi cait1,
    So glad you like my totems. Colored plates are a little hard to find sometimes for me too. So now whenever I see them I go ahead and stock up. The first group (which includes the two on this post) were sold for $40 each. I'm hoping to raise the price a bit after some feedback I received that my price was too low. I'm working on more this week . . . will post pics when they're done. Thanks again.

• luna_llena_feliz
    13 years ago

That is a very reasonable price! If I lived closer I'd buy one from you. But I guess I'll just have to look for similar pieces and make my own. Oh drat! he-he

• concretenprimroses
    13 years ago

Delightful! Your pieces are inspiring.
    There is a whole box of pretty dishes at a local ts for 50 cents each. Dark green with a white "lacy" edge. I bought one to break for mosaic but it didn't pass the tongue test to use out side in broken form. (the broken part stuck to my tongue, indicating it is too porous and will absorb too much moisture for outdoor mosaic) Wish I could have right side up plates on totems here in freezing land, they would be fantastic. (Back side is white). I might have to get somemore anyway to make ceramic plate flowers.
    Kathy

• lorrainewilliams
    6 years ago

hi There. Love your stuff. I have been collecting plates & bits before I discovered your site & work. I would like to ask you about the type of glue you use.? also... do you drill a hole and put a rod through? Thanks Lorraine (NZ)

Sponsored
Dream Outdoor Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Providing Quality Home Improvements in South Riding for Over 30 Years